Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my hydraulic chute actuator installed. Got to bracket parts machines earlier in the summer and got things welded and painted before Christmas.

Should make putting the snow where I want it a bit easier.

I had an electric actuator on my 1026r, but since I had the extra hydraulic circuit, decided to go that route.

I shared the model number for the cylinder and only needed a few pins and fittings to mate to the front hose kit.

Toby

Hydraulic Chute Deflector on 3046r - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
Nice, I’m almost done mine too :good2:

Edit: Some flow restrictor's will help slow that down giving you better control ;)

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
We sell two different fixed ones on the website Toby, or you can source adjustable ones at the Surplus Center.

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Registered
165 Posts
Much better design over the actuator's I believe. Looks a bit more heavy duty but in all actuality they really dont do much. Nice job!

Kevin.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
I finally got my hydraulic chute actuator installed. Got to bracket parts machines earlier in the summer and got things welded and painted before Christmas.

Should make putting the snow where I want it a bit easier.

I had an electric actuator on my 1026r, but since I had the extra hydraulic circuit, decided to go that route.

I shared the model number for the cylinder and only needed a few pins and fittings to mate to the front hose kit.

Toby

Hydraulic Chute Deflector on 3046r - YouTube

I like this A LOT! Would like to adapt one to my new 59" front blower. I could use my WR Long Third Function Hydraulics to operate the chute angle....

What happens when you rotate the chute to the right? It seems like the hydraulic lines might cause a problem..... Any video of it rotating?

Thanks for sharing

Sincerely

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like this A LOT! Would like to adapt one to my new 59" front blower. I could use my WR Long Third Function Hydraulics to operate the chute angle....

What happens when you rotate the chute to the right? It seems like the hydraulic lines might cause a problem..... Any video of it rotating?

Thanks for sharing

Sincerely
Thanks! I had to adjust the hoses a bit to ensure there was enough slack to turn the chute.

Her is an updated video. If I purchased the hoses separately I would have gotten them a bit longer.

Adjusting Hoses - YouTube

Toby

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hoses and fitting arrived and were promptly installed. I wish I'd done this years ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put a kit for a rear frontier blower on my 59". It's a necessity when you have buildings, cars, etc. to avoid. runs off the electric thumb 3rd function. I think I have 8' hoses. I use elastic velcro straps to hook to the grill guard, then they sort of float when you turn the chute.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Are the brackets you guys are using commercially available, or are you making them yourselves? It would be great if there was an all-in-one bolt on kit for those of us that don't have welding skills or access to bending brakes. I like the hydraulic design much better than the JD electric.

Toby,
If that's your own design and fabrication, I'd like to get my name on the list for when you start selling them!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Are the brackets you guys are using commercially available, or are you making them yourselves? It would be great if there was an all-in-one bolt on kit for those of us that don't have welding skills or access to bending brakes. I like the hydraulic design much better than the JD electric.

Toby,
If that's your own design and fabrication, I'd like to get my name on the list for when you start selling them!
I made mine with a little help from a neighbor who has a welder.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
You may want to check with your school district or technical college before you start purchasing equipment. Often they have offer night courses for things, such as welding. More often than not, they're taught by local trades people, not professional educators. So you can really learn a lot of practical, real life, processes in a short period of time. Moreover, you gleam advice/recommendations on what equipment to purchase or not.

In my case it is more about that genetic talent that simply was not in my gene mix. I took a half year of welding in high school. I've never had anything come apart that I welded, but I sure wish I could make them look as pretty as the pros. Although moving from a stick welder to a mig really helped the appearance.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
I put a kit for a rear frontier blower on my 59". It's a necessity when you have buildings, cars, etc. to avoid. runs off the electric thumb 3rd function. I think I have 8' hoses. I use elastic velcro straps to hook to the grill guard, then they sort of float when you turn the chute.

I just had an epiphany reading through this thread... Just like capp0021 said above, I can use my WR Long 3rd function hydraulics to control the hydraulic chute deflector on Badass if I ever decided to install it. The 3rd function setup is still there, but unused at that point when the loader is removed, and the front 3 pint hitch and 59" front snow blower are installed.... That sounds like a project I need to plan for in the future! All it needs is a little engineering homework to work out the details of the design, and a bill of material which should be simple enough.....

Sincerely

Reactions: JD4044M and Kennyd
1 - 15 of 15 Posts