Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must be missing something really simple… 🙈

I have the 54” Deere plow with the artillian adapter for the front end loader. Have used this setup for a few years and recently upgraded my tractor this summer. My new tractor I had them put the hydraulics on the loader which I thought would be so much nicer.. only problem is the loader hydraulics have one male and one female connector. Where’s as my plow connectors are both male.
I’ve tried googling for a simple male to female adapter but am striking out.
What am I missing?
Tire Automotive tire Green Electrical wiring Line

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,689 Posts
Easy solution: You can either replace the loader side male with a female or the plow side with a male. You can make a female->female adapter with some new fittings as well. Personally I'd replace the loader side so you have two females. The couplers you need are AG 5675 poppet style, likely ORFS, but I'm not 100% on that, your selling dealer would likely have the female QD instock and it's swap out is 30 seconds with two wrenches.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Easy solution: You can either replace the loader side male with a female or the plow side with a male. You can make a female->female adapter with some new fittings as well. Personally I'd replace the loader side so you have two females. The couplers you need are AG 5675 poppet style, likely ORFS, but I'm not 100% on that, your selling dealer would likely have the female QD instock and it's swap out is 30 seconds with two wrenches.
Perfect. Thanks. Didn’t realize they were that easy to replace. 😂 Never needed to it before.

·
Premium Member
3,689 Posts
If you have anything else that uses this function already, be sure to get the another coupler if needed to match (opposite sex) of the one you decide to update.

You'll also have a spare, if that fits the other side.

And since you've never done the hydraulic work before.... release pressure from the lines before starting. If it's a true third function that's electronic, this can be done by turning the key to on, but not starting the tractor, then cycling the SCV through all directions and hitting the electronic buttons for both directions on the 3rd function. If it's a diverter, same principals, but if it's tied to curl/dump be sure to curl and dump with the dirverter active. (I don't think you've got the diverter).

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
Good advice Matt, except the loader side couplers need to have ORB (o-ring boss) style threads in -06 (3/8" size).

·
Registered
23 Posts
If it's a true third function that's electronic, this can be done by turning the key to on, but not starting the tractor, then cycling the SCV through all directions and hitting the electronic buttons for both directions on the 3rd function.
Thanks for the tip. I have the summit hydraulics kit for my 1025R and was wondering how to release pressure without actuating the controls under pressure.

·
Premium Member
3,689 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I have the summit hydraulics kit for my 1025R and was wondering how to release pressure without actuating the controls under pressure.
IIRC based on your pictures you've got your summit kit powered only when the key is "on" - engine off, key on will allow the pressure to bleed to tank when actuating the valves. @Kennyd Also has a another important recommendation for the summit kit (or any electronic valve kit) to activate it regularly. I make it a habit on shutdown to actuate all electronic valves in both directions to ensure they stay lubricated and are willing to move when actually needed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And since you've never done the hydraulic work before.... release pressure from the lines before starting. If it's a true third function that's electronic, this can be done by turning the key to on, but not starting the tractor, then cycling the SCV through all directions and hitting the electronic buttons for both directions on the 3rd function. If it's a diverter, same principals, but if it's tied to curl/dump be sure to curl and dump with the dirverter active. (I don't think you've got the diverter).
Great tip. Thanks. Yes. this is an electronic 3rd function.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Why not use Teflon tap?

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
Why not use Teflon tap?
Dennis generally tape not recommended as a little pieces can get into hydraulic system and or lines and can cause major problem in hydraulic spools.

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
Dennis generally tape not recommended as a little pieces can get into hydraulic system and or lines and can cause major problem in hydraulic spools.
Correct...
Plus, we are taking about ORB couplers anyway, no sealant is required since the o-ring does the sealing.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Thank You
Jdmich aka Bob and Kennyd 👍👍

Reactions: Kennyd
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.