Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to all!
I'm happy to say I'm the proud owner of a 2017 3046r! I was able to find this used from a dealer with 18 hours. It has a brand new 320r Loader and I had the dealer install the JD 3rd Valve and Hydro lines for my Grapple.
My questions are about my connections...on my 3520 and 3039r I used hoses that I had made from a shop and they installed the Bobcat style "Pancake" flat faced connectors. The new 3046R with the JD Kit had the conventional couplers. I was able to keep the tractor Pancake ends but I needed adapters that would reduce the Pancake coupler to the JD hydro lines. My problem is going from the O-ring female to Male non-oring.
Has anyone dealt with this?

Thanks!
Mike

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
A local hydraulic shop would be able to help, or you can find them online at various please. The couplers are called just "flat face" style, not pancake. The o-ring style fittings are call "ORB" or o-ring boss.

I believe the steel lines on the loader have -06 (or 3/8") ORB fittings, but I'm not sure what threads your flat face couplers have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A local hydraulic shop would be able to help, or you can find them online at various please. The couplers are called just "flat face" style, not pancake. The o-ring style fittings are call "ORB" or o-ring boss.

I believe the steel lines on the loader have -06 (or 3/8") ORB fittings, but I'm not sure what threads your flat face couplers have.
Thanks Kenny for the info...very helpful!

·
Registered
582 Posts
When I did mine I could not find 3/8th" Flat face skid steer couplers, I used 1/2" and adapted. I know Kenny mentioned ORB, but I've seen it listed as ORF too. You can get the flat face couplers in many thread types, too. Make sure you know what both ends should be or take the parts you can with you.

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
I know Kenny mentioned ORB, but I've seen it listed as ORF too.
ORB (o-ring boss) and ORFS (o-ring face seal) are not the same.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
ORB (o-ring boss) and ORFS (o-ring face seal) are not the same.
Ooohh, that's good info. Since I did the non-Deere 3rd function lines I didn't have any ORB, just ORFS and thought they were the same. NPT, JIC, ORF, ORB, BSPP, you'd think somebody would have won this "Best fluid connection" war by now.
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,663 Posts
Ooohh, that's good info. Since I did the non-Deere 3rd function lines I didn't have any ORB, just ORFS and thought they were the same. NPT, JIC, ORF, ORB, BSPP, you'd think somebody would have won this "Best fluid connection" war by now.
Amen to that. Nothing confuses me more than hydraulic fittings. It is impossible for me to mail order anything. I am forced to always go to the local hydraulic/hose shop, lay my stuff on the counter and ask "Can you make it go?". :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts