Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for me to change the hydraulic oil on my 6115D. There are a couple drain plugs on the underside that i need to remove. I have a T55 torx that seems to be about right, but i'd rather not strip it out. Is it a torx, or a some other special bit i need to get? I've searched all the manuals but danged if I can find exactly the wrench or bit i need. THANKS

·
Premium Member
13,585 Posts
There are a lot of different years, serial numbers and styles of 6115D. I have no idea which variant you have . I found 4 drain plugs in the parts listing and they were all this one. Looks like 10mm hex.

I found another version which shows 8mm hex drain plugs.

Can you tell us which specific configuration of 6115D you have?

Part Number:
YZ90482
Part Price:7.43 USD
On Hand:
0 Check Other Stores
Description:Drain Plug - DRAIN PLUG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,585 Posts
That does not look like the factory plug.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Make do

That does not look like the factory plug.
It looks like it started out as a hex and someone hammered a torx into it. If you can get it out, I think I'd replace it.

Treefarmer

Reactions: jgayman

·
Premium Member
13,585 Posts
It looks like it started out as a hex and someone hammered a torx into it. If you can get it out, I think I'd replace it.

Treefarmer
I think you may have nailed it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock Drain Plug

I went into JD and got new plugs YZ90482 to replace the ones i had and interestingly they were exactly like the the old ones. They are 10mm or 3/8 hex magnetic zero leak plugs. Guess as long as you use the correct wrench to tighten the plugs you should have no problem. I'm also going to note in the tractor book the correct wrench size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts