Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 1025R with the FEL. I want to be able to take the FEL on and off as projects dictate. The loader itself looks easy as pie, my area of pause are the hydraulic couplers. I only have one functioning hand and am not sure how to get them off. My big concern is getting them off then not being able to get them back on, that would be a real bummer.
Are there any suggestions for one handed unhooking and hooking back up?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I never thought of this issue, but you may think about getting a single point installed. I think you can detach and attach with one hand.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never thought of this issue, but you may think about getting a single point installed. I think you can detach and attach with one hand.

Just my 2 cents.
What is a single point?

·
Premium Member
10,684 Posts

·
Registered
3,773 Posts

·
Registered
21,139 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
That’s cool! I’ve seen it on the larger units but didn’t think that was available for 1 series. Add that to the dream list

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here’s a quick video showing how it works on the same loader you should have -

H120 single point - YouTube

While the guy in the video uses 2 hands a times, you could easily do it with one.
I think you're right. Definately easier than the single hoses plus you never have to worry about a hose going to the wrong coupler.

·
Registered
121 Posts
One handed should be possible I think. The collar just has to slip back a little too get them back together. The main thing I would be worried about is if you get any residual pressure in the line. Then it's hard to get them to connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts
One handed should be possible I think. The collar just has to slip back a little too get them back together. The main thing I would be worried about is if you get any residual pressure in the line. Then it's hard to get them to connect.
Singlepoint would be best, but if you turn the tractor off and do a swizzlestick routine with the loader control before unhooking you shouldn't have an issue with residual pressure.

·
Premium Member
10,684 Posts
Singlepoint would be best, but if you turn the tractor off and do a swizzlestick routine with the loader control before unhooking you shouldn't have an issue with residual pressure.
Even without pressure, connecting and disconnecting the couplers with one hand can be a challenge.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can anyone verify that this is still available for the H120 loader? I'm not sure the new part number bw16400 works on the H120.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Can anyone verify that this is still available for the H120 loader? I'm not sure the new part number bw16400 works on the H120.

It may not be designed for the H120, but it's just a way to mechanically organize and operate hydraulic loader connections. You might have to modify or make your own mounting bracket, but it should handle the hydraulic and mechanical part just fine. If it fits larger loaders, you don't have to worry about it being a restriction on your smaller loader, but you may have to use reducers at some point to get the right size couplings.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Agreed. But sometimes my loader will do it while stored. Curl circuit usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,684 Posts
Agreed. But sometimes my loader will do it while stored. Curl circuit usually.
My 200CX will do the same thing. It is typically only one of the connections that gives me trouble. I finally invested in a pressure release tool from Waite's. End of problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,888 Posts
Even without pressure, connecting and disconnecting the couplers with one hand can be a challenge.
Between lumbar fusions and shoulder surgeries, I struggle connecting the lines. I have to lie on the ground as I can't kneel and reach it. The cab makes the clearances a little tighter as well. Truthfully, even with two hands, its not easy.

The lines further under the tractor MUST be connected first and at times, its multiple attempts. I honestly don't think I could connect all 4 on the 120R with one hand...........I certainly wouldn't bet on myself being able to. I keep telling myself, I need to improve on being able to easily make these connections. I have to be careful to not "psyche" myself into expecting a problem just because then it usually is one......:laugh::lol:......

On my tractor, if you don't use one hand to hold the female retention ring back while inserting the male end, its a STRUGGLE and quickly turns into a frustration. All of my hydraulic lines for the Fel and the front QH have 15 or 20 degree angled fittings on them and I honestly wonder if they aren't making it harder.

I have considered taking the fittings off and trying without the angled fittings. That is usually when they finally connect and the thought vanishes as I move on. There is always one or sometimes two lines which aren't cooperative and not always the same line. My 455 has straight fittings and I rarely have an issue with those. Plus I don't like the funky way the lines connect and are somewhat twisted because of the angled fittings. Add it to my to do list, I guess........

I have seriously thought about the single connection point......but also choked a bit when I saw the price and I would need to purchase a couple of the implement side connectors for different front implements.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts

Just my 2 cents.
What is a single point?

This is the single point hydraulic hookup for the loader on my 2038R.

Sincerely

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Between lumbar fusions and shoulder surgeries, I struggle connecting the lines. I have to lie on the ground as I can't kneel and reach it. The cab makes the clearances a little tighter as well. Truthfully, even with two hands, its not easy.

The lines further under the tractor MUST be connected first and at times, its multiple attempts. I honestly don't think I could connect all 4 on the 120R with one hand...........I certainly wouldn't bet on myself being able to. I keep telling myself, I need to improve on being able to easily make these connections. I have to be careful to not "psyche" myself into expecting a problem just because then it usually is one......:laugh::lol:......

On my tractor, if you don't use one hand to hold the female retention ring back while inserting the male end, its a STRUGGLE and quickly turns into a frustration. All of my hydraulic lines for the Fel and the front QH have 15 or 20 degree angled fittings on them and I honestly wonder if they aren't making it harder.

I have considered taking the fittings off and trying without the angled fittings. That is usually when they finally connect and the thought vanishes as I move on. There is always one or sometimes two lines which aren't cooperative and not always the same line. My 455 has straight fittings and I rarely have an issue with those. Plus I don't like the funky way the lines connect and are somewhat twisted because of the angled fittings. Add it to my to do list, I guess........

I have seriously thought about the single connection point......but also choked a bit when I saw the price and I would need to purchase a couple of the implement side connectors for different front implements.
Sulley Bear,

I have a friend who has a similar rig as you do, and you are right, with the cab in place, access to the fittings is tight at best. There is a thread on here that shows how they added 16" pigtails to each circuit to place the hookups away from the cab and loader mount. I think KennyD might have been involved.

Dave

1 - 20 of 48 Posts