Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a take off Artillian diverter kit from a member here and I’m trying to get it installed on my FIL’s 2004 4610 with 460 loader so he can run one of my Artillian grapple units. The kit originally came off a G1 2032r and H130 loader so I know down the loader where the QD’s for the grapple end up will be short- but laying them out roughly this weekend they seem like they’d work.

Either way I have a hydraulic issue to solve prior to getting to that point-his loader line QD’s are larger than the ones on a 2 series and the diverter. Taking one of the lines apart I think I have nailed down the adapter I’ll need but I thought I’d try to confirm here. I’m going to re use his QD, the rubber line that goes between it and his hard line, which is one that will be replaced with two shorter ones and the diverter valve is pictured below along with the QD. I removed the angled fitting and the smaller QD from the line in the kit, it’s fitting is pictured also. It appears to me that the tractor line and QD are -08 ORB and the diverter line fitting is -06 JIC so the adapter would be as pictured, a -08M ORB to -06M JIC-does this appear correct?

Now for the electrical power connection, anybody know how to tap the fuse panel in a 4610 for an extra key hot source to power this thing?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
These charts always help me.

Go to the link and then down to HYDRAULIC’s and then thread ID. The paper catalog is easier because all the type on on a page.

Surplus Center

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
These charts always help me.

Go to the link and then down to HYDRAULIC’s and then thread ID. The paper catalog is easier because all the type on on a page.

Surplus Center
I used a similar reference to make my determination, but it seems like especially on the ORB fitting my measurement is between sizes on the chart-but that could be from a lack of proper measurement. I included the pictures so those who may know better could help me confirm or correct my fitting size interpretation. I hope the other is not a JIC 5, as I can’t seem to find a JIC 5M to ORB 8M...as cheaply as most-one I found is almost $15 instead of $1.69 :gizmo:

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
If you have a dealer or a Parker store near you might be able to go there to match it up for size. I just checked in the shop and do not have the 8 size fitting to see if it also measures 11/16.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have a dealer or a Parker store near you might be able to go there to match it up for size. I just checked in the shop and do not have the 8 size fitting to see if it also measures 11/16.
I have an independent and a Parker brand place I plan on going to to get the parts, but unfortunately his tractor and the lines are over 2 hours away so all I have is the pictures I took. I may just have to buy several fittings in a range of sizes-it’ll be cheaper than making multiple trips.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Yes...
-08 ORB and -06 JIC.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes...
-08 ORB and -06 JIC.
Thanks Kenny, this kind of informed confirmation is what I was hoping for-I’m taking it to the “bank”-well the hydraulic parts store :gizmo:

I found a fuse tap option for power as well, I just need to determine what style fuses the 4610 used, are they true micro, mini or standard auto style fuses-anyone know for sure?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SUCCESS! On all fronts-my Father in law is the proud owner of possibly the first and only 4610 with a functional Artillian diverter and grapple!

Some action pics will follow but after a warm pre-4th of July afternoon spent installing the diverter with the new fittings (thanks KenndyD) and the small fuse tap (the 4610 uses Mini fuses) the front set of QD’s ended up less than 1’ from the loader crossbar-plenty close enough to connect a long set of grapple hoses!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts