Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 X728 - 54" mower, 45 loader. 1972 140 H3.
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '08 JD X728 that I was putting on my new Quick Hitch for the snowblower. After I routed the hoses these two fittings that go into the SCV are rotated 180° from where they should be pointed. They are facing away from the SCV when they should be facing toward the SCV so they can be hooked up. I know very little about hydraulic fittings other than putting them in a quick disconnect and removing them. That looks like a "P" on the one side of the fitting and there is "SK1020" on the other side. I assume this is a Parker fitting? Can the fitting be rotated 180°? I don't want to start wrenching on this and mess something up. Here is a pic of the fittings.
Electrical wiring Cable Liquid Auto part Wood

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Hold fitting, with "P" on it, with a wrench. Loosen nut on left end of fitting about 1/4 turn. Fittings can now be rotated to what ever position and nut retightened. Bob

·
Premium Member
9,978 Posts
Your hoses have female swivel nuts. When you tighten the hose swivel nuts to the 90° fitting (with the P on it) watch that the hose does not turn too. It might take three wrenches and three hands

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.