Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '66 1020 that I'm going to change the hydraulic fluid on. I picked up the oil at the dealer today, but later noticed that they gave me the low viscosity HY-Gard rather than the regular Hy-Gard. Any thoughts about using the low vis instead of the regular? I live in Michigan's UP, but I don't use the tractor in the winter.
Thanks

·
Registered
23,297 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
if you are using Hy guard I would use the regular. In mine I got fluid at Farm and fleet the time I had water in the fluid. I used the JD20 from farm and fleet and flushed it a total of four time to get aLL the MOISTURE OUT. I got water in mine thru the shifter boots being cracked. I lost the function of the three point lift and the power steering got real bad. I told my son to check the fluid level with that little dip stick by your right foot. when he unscrewed it the fluid shot out of there like a fountain. some one on here had a concoction of ATF fluid Diesel fuel and hydro fluid. It took three full flushes and filter changes and be sure and clean the sump screen but all was fine. These 50yr old tractors are amasing.:good2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went back to the dealer & exchanged low vis for the regular Hy-Gard. Dealer was very helpful, gave me 10% off due to the mix-up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts