Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I am sure you have searched, but in case you missed this one.

Oil guy links have been included in many of the previous threads here where oil and hydraulic fluid questions have been asked.

If by aFluid you are referring to automatic transmission fluid (ATF), the answer is not exactly, but close enough in many hydraulic applications.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
i did some hard looking a few years ago..........i found that J20D/lowvis is a good value at the current price points vs the alternatives .......i usually buy it online and use a free shipping code

two JD products i have found to be a good value........JD coolant....and JD -j20d low vis.......regular J20c hydraulic oil is hard to beat also if your using it for gear boxes and cutter bars in a multipurpose role as recommended by JD.......... just my opinion

·
Registered
656 Posts
The one thing I wish is that it was a bit higher visibility (low-viscosity and low-visibility!) to make it easier to read on the dipstick.

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts
The one thing I wish is that it was a bit higher visibility (low-viscosity and low-visibility!) to make it easier to read on the dipstick.
Simple fix:

·
Premium Member
17,271 Posts
bpop said:

Simple fix:

Yep...

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,287 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Simple fix:

I gots to get me some of that!

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,287 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 1025R TLB - H120 - 260 - 60D
132 Posts
I haven't even finished saving for and buying all of the other things I want! My list is growing faster than I can keep up! Thanks again, GTT!

edit: Making lists is great when you want to remember things, but I have learned that it is sometimes better to not write them down. As my memory continues to deteriorate, it tends to be easier on the wallet!

Reactions: MattL

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,287 Posts
Are you talking about right out of the bottle, or even when diluted in the hydraulic fluid, or both?
It's not bad diluted but will stain clothes. The dye itself is really bad. I had red fingers for days the first time I used it.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
It's not bad diluted but will stain clothes. The dye itself is really bad. I had red fingers for days the first time I used it.
That’s what I’ve found. I actually under dose mine to get a more pink fluid, and it’s really not bad for stains, but still much easier to see.

Reactions: ClydeLogan

·
Registered
956 Posts
Simple fix:

is anybody aware of a similar product for motor oil?

·
Registered
27,859 Posts
is anybody aware of a similar product for motor oil?
I wondered about the same thing - specifically for my Gator. I just can't see the oil on the dipstick at all until it gets more than 10 hours or so on it.

I asked in the Gator section and nobody in the respondents said they've heard of it being used in motor oil. I really don't see why not but.......

Don't have any problems with any of my other equipment or vehicles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.