Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hydraulic connectors on the cables running from my H120 to the tractor are at an awkward angle and difficult to connect to the tractor. I tried to twist the cables to improve the matchup, but it doesn't seem possible. Anyone else have this problem and solved it? Was the dealer just sloppy when the cables were installed?

·
Premium Member
12,256 Posts
The hydraulic connectors on the cables running from my H120 to the tractor are at an awkward angle and difficult to connect to the tractor. I tried to twist the cables to improve the matchup, but it doesn't seem possible. Anyone else have this problem and solved it? Was the dealer just sloppy when the cables were installed?
It is a fairly common problem. About the only thing you can do is reposition the couplers. Shut off the tractor, lower the loader and move the loader joystick in all directions to relieve the pressure. Then loosen the couplers, position them to where they seem to match up and re-tighten the couplers. Place a drip pan under the coupler and it may dribble a bit of fluid out when loosened.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Don't know if this will help, but it might save you loosening and resetting... Be sure the HOSES (not cables) are not in the positioning ring when connecting/disconnecting. The hoses should be put into "loop ring positioner" after they are connected. This will give more room to twist and align the connectors. Also, relieving the pressure from the male side (loader side) will reduce the struggle to get a quick connection:

Wrap rag around end of male connector and depress the center spring loaded center of the connector to relieve the pressure into rag. You might hear a bit of "creak" from the loader as pressure is released. Depending on how the parked loader sat after it was disconnected a bit of fluid may come out into the rag. I use a medium sized "channel lock/water pump pliers" to squeeze the center with other side of pliers behind the back of the fitting. These fittings are always the most fun during cold and wet weather.:laugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts