Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if these dust caps are the correct size for my 430 loader hoses? This loader is on my dad's 4300. I think the JD p/n is W42411, but I want the different colors to make the connections fool proof.

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
The early ones used 3/8" ISO 7241 "B" style, some later ones may have used 1/2" ISO 5675 "AG" style.
We have three downloadable chart at the top of this page to help ID them.

Or you can always get them from JD: https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
cce, Paint your female couplers with different colors, attach an implement, verify it's functioning correctly, and paint the male coupling the color to match the female. You can then use any protective cap color that you can easily find... including Kennyd's! Bob

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Colored cable ties work good as well.
One zip tie goes with one zip tie

Two zip ties goes with two zip ties

And so on

Reactions: MattL

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,460 Posts
One zip tie goes with one zip tie

Two zip ties goes with two zip ties

And so on
That's how my FIL has all of our big equipment, drives me nuts. I'd rather have color coded zip ties, much easier that way, but the OP was referring to his FEL hoses.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
That's how my FIL has all of our big equipment, drives me nuts. I'd rather have color coded zip ties, much easier that way, but the OP was referring to his FEL hoses.
I agree colors make it easier but I generally don't have colors to choose from in zip ties lying around the workshop.

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,460 Posts
I agree colors make it easier but I generally don't have colors to choose from in zip ties lying around the workshop.
Neither did he, but black zip ties on black hoses that get crudded up, it still works though.

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,984 Posts
Boltonhooks.com sells zip ties "kits" with multiple colors for this specific reason. Also sells dust caps (that arn't color coded) thus, the zip ties to go along with them.

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
830 Posts
I used colored zip ties on mine. They sell them for a few bucks a bag at Walmart.

I think the OP needs 3/8" caps and plugs. The problem with them is they are always filthy when you need to use them.

They are available through JD for about $4 a pop so a cap and plug is around $8. You look the caps up on the loader parts page and the plugs can be found on the tractor parts page.

I bought some yeller ones from JD to use on my grapple lines.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Can anyone tell me if these dust caps are the correct size for my 430 loader hoses? This loader is on my dad's 4300. I think the JD p/n is W42411, but I want the different colors to make the connections fool proof.
Well I found some paint pens wide ones and got 4 colors cleaned the fittings and painted each one with it own color, DONE DEAL and has lasted longer that anything else I Have found. As a matter of speaking HAVE HAD SEVERAL FRIEND THAT REQUESTED THE SAME THING DONE TO SAVE THEM THE Aggregation we have all had , GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used colored zip ties on mine. They sell them for a few bucks a bag at Walmart.

I think the OP needs 3/8" caps and plugs. The problem with them is they are always filthy when you need to use them.

They are available through JD for about $4 a pop so a cap and plug is around $8. You look the caps up on the loader parts page and the plugs can be found on the tractor parts page.

I bought some yeller ones from JD to use on my grapple lines.
They shouldn't be getting filthy if you are connect the cap and plugs together when they are not being used.

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
They shouldn't be getting filthy if you are connect the cap and plugs together when they are not being used.
The caps are on the loader on mine and I could only plug 2 of the plugs in(On the tractor).... One ripped off sometime in the last 9 years and the yellow dangled and filled with dirt as the MMM lift was plugged in when the loader was off. Just keep them in your toolbox, they can't rip off or get dirty.

It was never a real issue for me as I have air next where I drop the loader ...and that is the best way to clean the firrings and the caps. I don't like the way they dangle in danger....IMHO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts