Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Is it possible to unscrew this angled fitting and attach the quick coupling so it is straight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
No. It is a pre-fab anlged coupling. The only place it comes apart is where the hex nuts are.

What are you trying to do that you need the end straight?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 200cx loader(that came off a 2720) on my 4100. The hydraulic connects are on the front of the operator station so it’s harder to connect. On the 2720 the connected on the side.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Have the end cut off and a straight fitting put on your existing hose.

·
Administrator
17,051 Posts
Have the end cut off and a straight fitting put on your existing hose.
Most shops will not do that...Liability reasons especially if they carry a different brand fitting than the hose. You should never mix brands of crimps and hoses when your dealing with 3000+ PSI.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
I have a 200cx loader(that came off a 2720) on my 4100. The hydraulic connects are on the front of the operator station so it’s harder to connect. On the 2720 the connected on the side.
You can see if a local hydraulic shop will put new ends on but as Kenny indicated they may not want to do that. The only other option would be to have new hoses made, which would probably be less expensive than buying hoses from JD.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Most shops will not do that...Liability reasons especially if they carry a different brand fitting than the hose. You should never mix brands of crimps and hoses when your dealing with 3000+ PSI.
I’ve done it countless times over the years. You are correct that some won’t do it. The “country” places usually will.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Ditto!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Also my dust caps came in from Kenny the other day. Only one will stay in. The other 3 won’t close? Is it possibly the connectors are dirty and sticking?

·
Administrator
17,051 Posts
Also my dust caps came in from Kenny the other day. Only one will stay in. The other 3 won’t close? Is it possibly the connectors are dirty and sticking?

Thats strange! Try flushing the couplers with WD40 to clean them out, the ring should snap towards the front to engage the detent balls. I may be able to help with hoses too if you decide to change them out.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Thats strange! Try flushing the couplers with WD40 to clean them out, the ring should snap towards the front to engage the detent balls. I may be able to help with hoses too if you decide to change them out.
Looking at his photo it looks like three of the couplers have the retaining collar stuck back... meaning the detent balls are retracted and not gripping the cover. The coupler closest to the camera is in the proper position.

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
You can see if a local hydraulic shop will put new ends on but as Kenny indicated they may not want to do that. The only other option would be to have new hoses made, which would probably be less expensive than buying hoses from JD.
when i blew one of my hoses like that on my 2520--i had a new hose made at a regular hydraulic shop. wasn't near what jd wanted for there hose($70) some dollars. the other hose was around $45-IIRC-

now the bad part of the cheaper hose-is there hose was a hair bigger-and that part that is angled--their's is a also a hair bigger.

jd has the niche for those hose parts according to that shop right down the road from my jd dealer.

now that was several yrs ago--so maybe where u live u can get the exact size hose and ends-only maybe straight ones.

i agree that i highly doubt a hydraulic shop will cut the ends off-and put straight ones on--they want to know what kind of hose it is for sure. good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,425 Posts
I have had new, unused hoses redone, I.E. cut and different end crimped on. The shop I used said they would not touch used hoses, but have no problem redoing new, unused hoses.

·
Super Moderator
5,446 Posts
Looking at his photo it looks like three of the couplers have the retaining collar stuck back... meaning the detent balls are retracted and not gripping the cover. The coupler closest to the camera is in the proper position.
Yes ^^^^^^^^^
This

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What’s the proper way to fix this? They work fine when I hook up the loader.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
I would try what Kenny suggested... give them a shot of WD-40 and see if you can get them back in the lock position and then work them back and forth until they move freely.

·
Registered
21,129 Posts

The collars should be normally in the closed position. The ones where the collar is sticking open need cleaned like jgayman says above. Using something like WD-40 will also add a little lubrication which certainly won't hurt.

In normal operation if you pull back on the collar and let go it should snap shut on its own.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts