Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been working on adapting the older style plow configuration found/used on the earlier Deere 140-318's, onto my X739. I designed my own mounting plates. I also had to lengthen (buy new) all the hoses to 60". When the Quick-Hitch is utilized, stand-offs for routing the hoses are provided in the kit. This is not the case for me, as my "adaptation" is more/less custom. So to route the hoses, a little bit of creativity come to play to keep the hoses neat along the route. I use to work in commercial/residential plumbing, and began sourcing my brain of things used in the plumbing that would work for my current need. The answer is a SR14-5/16" Diameter threaded Stainless Steel Rods used for Kerick Valves. I had one 14" long on-hand so, I put it in my rod bender and created a 4" stand-off (hoop) that could be threaded directly into the frame. They work great!! I made three of them (identical) for the length of run of the hoses I plan to run. For the tune of $15. Far more durable than anything bought from Deere.

Kerick Valve Rod

I thought I'd share a little bit of my back yard way of thinking custom.
My method can be used for any hydraulic line routing configuration.
Enjoy

·
Premium Member
7,436 Posts
:ttiwwp::ttiwwp::ttiwwp::ttiwwp:

:munch:

·
Premium Member
7,436 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts