Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2022 2025R, Grapple, Box Blade, Auger, Front Loader.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. Just bought a 2025 with a grapple. The two hoses that connect the the grapple appear to be too short. They are under heavy strain when lifted and in the dump position.

the dealer is trying to tell me that I shouldn’t move the grapple in that position. 😡

Any Advice? Tried to search this forum but came up empty.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,797 Posts
The hoses should reach no matter the position of the grapple. Dealer needs to fix correctly.

·
Administrator
22,666 Posts
Welcome to GTT
Get longer hoses...
You didn't provide enough info to help with more specifics.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,017 Posts
Pics would be helpful.

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
Any Advice?
There’s a guy on here thats name is Kennyd. He is great at solving problems and owns an awesome business. Get a hold of him and have him sell you a Hose Stretcher. I sure he has one in stock.
👇

👇

👇

👇
Just kidding 👆. What others said. But give him a call and Welcome to Gtt.

·
Registered
760 Posts
New to the forum. Just bought a 2025 with a grapple. The two hoses that connect the the grapple appear to be too short. They are under heavy strain when lifted and in the dump position.

the dealer is trying to tell me that I shouldn’t move the grapple in that position. 😡

Any Advice? Tried to search this forum but came up empty.
Thanks!
For starters, get a new dealer, he's either blowing you off or has no clue. Neither of which is acceptable IMHO. You need longer hoses or rerouting the ones you have to reach. Be careful of all pinch points too.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,541 Posts
I think cbarber413 is an OPD (One-Post-and-Done) kind of new member. ;)
It happens now and then. I do hope she returns to update us on her hose situation. :unsure:

Not name calling at all. I wouldn't do that. I'm not like Giz. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
4,797 Posts

·
Administrator
22,666 Posts
That is NOT the JD 3rd function, can you post pics of the valve they added to make the grapple work? Whatever they used, it looks like it's installed incorrectly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
For starters, get a new dealer, he's either blowing you off or has no clue. Neither of which is acceptable IMHO. You need longer hoses or rerouting the ones you have to reach. Be careful of all pinch points too.
This !!

Especially after seeing the pics….. Whoever installed this is grossly incompetent and their response is completely unethical. Hard to see in the pics, but the mounting bracket for the quick couplers does not look right either. Both lines should be parallel….

Request full refund and bring to another dealer or even a local hose shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Definitely looks wrong. On my 2020 2025R, the dealer installed 3rd function connections for the grapple are mounted much much further down the loader arm (circled in red). No chance of binding there. Sorry, only picture that I have.
Tire Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle Wheel

Also, the Bucket Level Indicator rod should be relocated to the other side of the loader otherwise it will start poking and tearing the protective webbing around the hoses. My picture shows the rod before I moved the rod myself as it was already tearing things up. Dealers don’t always install stuff per Deeres instructions.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
^^^^ This

The hard lines from the valve to the connection point of the grapple is way to high up on the loader. They should end up down almost to the bottom.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,017 Posts
Here's the best pic I have of mine. Note the slack on either side of the clamp. There's plenty to allow full range of motion.

Your installation seems suspect as Kenny pointed out.

Plant Green Tree Motor vehicle Grass

·
Registered
760 Posts
Definitely looks wrong. On my 2020 2025R, the dealer installed 3rd function connections for the grapple are mounted much much further down the loader arm (circled in red). No chance of binding there. Sorry, only picture that I have.
View attachment 846988

Also, the Bucket Level Indicator rod should be relocated to the other side of the loader otherwise it will start poking and tearing the protective webbing around the hoses. My picture shows the rod before I moved the rod myself as it was already tearing things up. Dealers don’t always install stuff per Deeres instructions.
I had to tell my dealer to move the bucket indicator, it never occurred to him.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts