Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,987 Posts
I had to tell my dealer to move the bucket indicator, it never occurred to him.
Pretty sure it's the first step in the install instructions for the loader mounted lines (unless they're aftermarket).

·
Registered
2022 2025R, Grapple, Box Blade, Auger, Front Loader.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
For starters, get a new dealer, he's either blowing you off or has no clue. Neither of which is acceptable IMHO. You need longer hoses or rerouting the ones you have to reach. Be careful of all pinch points too.
I believe you are correct, but this is the dealer I bought from so I’m guessing another dealer isn’t going to touch it.

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
It almost looks like they have the hard lines and rubber hoses reversed. On my 2038R with factory 3rd function installed, they run hard lines from the top of the loader arm all the way down to the grapple.

Hard lines start here
Green Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

And end here
Tire Wheel Plant Bicycle tire Green

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
so your hose connectors are attached on the grapple side of the loader arm, after the pivot point?
Here’s where mine are attached looks like there’s extra length in the hoses near the seat that would allow the attachment to be moved forward.
Plant Automotive tire Vehicle Green Tree

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Green

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,987 Posts
so your hose connectors are attached on the grapple side of the loader arm, after the pivot point?
Here’s where mine are attached looks like there’s extra length in the hoses near the seat that would allow the attachment to be moved forward.
View attachment 846997
View attachment 846998
That is the biggest hack job I think I've seen on a 3rd function install. If my loader was drilled like that I'd be raising all kinds off hell with the dealer.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I agree with Mark ^^ ........ now the pain of getting the dealer to fix and correct starts ....uggg.....at the very least it needs to be functional with the implement and looks like the bracket is already bent etc....

point is ....its not functional to its purpose..beside being a very poor install

·
Administrator
22,629 Posts

·
Administrator
22,629 Posts
OMG. I just saw the other pics. WOW.

I'm guessing that is a WR Long 3rd function valve setup, what does the rest of the install look like?

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
19,470 Posts
cbarber413, thanks for returning to reply about this problem. The installation is less than adequate. I hope you can get the dealer to set things right.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Yea that’s unacceptable.

Reactions: Big and MattL

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've never seen bare hydraulic hoses come from Deere as an OEM part. It looks like they did some kind of a cob-job assembly, maybe some of the actual parts were backordered? But I consider myself an expert in cob-job fixes, and that's worse than anything I've ever done.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Time to out the dealer here publicly so others are warned. This is absolutely ridiculous. Drilled holes in your loader!

@cbaryou need to call John deere corporate and ask to speak to your area rep. Then explain what your inept dealer has done to your tractor and demand first off a new loader, then a correctly installed 3rd function.

Sorry your going through this.

·
Registered
98 Posts
the dealer is trying to tell me that I shouldn’t move the grapple in that position. 😡
BS!
I bought a new car once and the best I could adjust the drivers rear view was looking down at the rear tire and side of the car. I'm a very average height and weight but the service manager told me I just had my seat adjusted wrong... Why are people in these positions so lazy and/or assume their customers are stupid?

·
Registered
975 Posts
That is a terrible install, at best. Looks like they have bulkhead fittings at the black painted bracket. (are those bracket mounting bolt holes drilled into the FEL by the dealer? If so, then a new FEL is warranted, same as drilling the ROPS... never acceptable unless Deere documents it.) The quick connects should be at the bracket to absorb any forces when connecting the QC. I'll get a pic of my machine bracket. (Won't be the same but the concept is the same.)

Do tell the name of the Dealer that did the install. I would not accept that.

·
Registered
760 Posts
View attachment 846997
View attachment 846998
Never seen that contraption before. My third function connections are way up at the end of the boom.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
That is a terrible install, at best. Looks like they have bulkhead fittings at the black painted bracket. (are those bracket mounting bolt holes drilled into the FEL by the dealer? If so, then a new FEL is warranted, same as drilling the ROPS... never acceptable unless Deere documents it.) The quick connects should be at the bracket to absorb any forces when connecting the QC. I'll get a pic of my machine bracket. (Won't be the same but the concept is the same.)

Do tell the name of the Dealer that did the install. I would not accept that.
Dealer is Ag Pro in Jasper Georgia.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts