Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2022 2025R, Grapple, Box Blade, Auger, Front Loader.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks for all of your feedback! It’s really been helpful. Deere has a 30 day return policy if buyer is not satisfied. Based on feedback here I decided to have the dealer take it back. As much as I need the tractor right now I’ve lost faith that the dealer is competent and/or honest. I’ll go elsewhere.

·
Administrator
22,629 Posts
@cbarber413

That may be best, but if you want us to help you fix what you have we can do that too. We've all been giving you negative thoughts on this, but we can certainly move away from that and help get you working properly if you want-but sadly it will cost more money out of your pocket to do that.

In short it looks like they used an aftermarket kit, and botched the install pretty good, and not just with the hoses but drilling holes in the loader too.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,343 Posts
@cbarber413

That may be best, but if you want us to help you fix what you have we can do that too. We've all been giving you negative thoughts on this, but we can certainly move away from that and help get you working properly if you want-but sadly it will cost more money out of your pocket to do that.

In short it looks like they used an aftermarket kit, and botched the install pretty good, and not just with the hoses but drilling holes in the loader too.
Sad truth right there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
@cbarber413

Thanks so much. I requested that they take it back. Sounds like the front arm is now compromised due to drilling holes in it. Makes sense now that I think about it. And I don’t really want to deal with them after they insisted it was normal that the hose be tight due to the way I was moving the grapple. I’m new to tractors but I know any company worth their salt would never design something that could be moved in a way that would cause a hose to stretch like that.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,343 Posts
Thanks so much. I requested that they take it back.
You are a victum here. You may find the dealer changes their way of thinking. Make them make you want to keep the tractor.

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
Yea I think it’s smart to send it back and tell them to pound sand. Can’t stand smoke blowers. And I agree get ahold of the JD rep and let him know of the shenanigans these guys are pulling. And don’t ley then tell you it’s because of how busy everyone is and Covid blah blah blah…If they can’t do it right then don’t do it yet. Wait for a professional installer to do it. Looks like the not so regular installers got ahold of that thing

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
Cbarber,
Personally, I think you're making the right choice by making them take it back. That install is an absolute butcher job. I would be worried about all the other dealer prep work they performed as well. You could have hidden issues down the road.

Reactions: Big

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I think that is exactly what happened. New to tractors so don’t know what a proper setup looks like.
It's good you reached out for opinions....most people on this forum are extremely knowledgeable and experienced and give truthful objective opinions to the point of sometimes being to nice on a issue like this

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

·
Registered
975 Posts
Is there any way you could send a pic of where those hoses are mounted?
Won't be applicable to your 2025 machine. That's a H240 loader on a 5065e.

The important concept is using bulkhead fittings on a bracket to hold the Quick Connects. Looks like your install had bulkhead fittings but misapplied them.

Even if the tractor QC is on a hose, and won't be damaged, it's hard to pull/push two hose QC fittings together. Much, much easier to use two hands on one side of the QC pair. (Especially if there's a locking collar involved.)

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,671 Posts
Pretty sure @Longhorn_007 Has a factory 3rd function on a new 2025R - Maybe he'll be able to post up some pics or search for his "got my new 2025R" - I'd guess there are pics within that.

Reactions: Green_Girl

·
Administrator
22,629 Posts
Pretty sure @Longhorn_007 Has a factory 3rd function on a new 2025R - Maybe he'll be able to post up some pics or search for his "got my new 2025R" - I'd guess there are pics within that.
For these purposes, any 1025 thread/pics would do too, they both use the 120R loader. But that is not the JD kit, so I'm not sure what looking at pics of the OEM setup will do for @cbarber413 .

Reactions: flyweight and MattL

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,671 Posts
For these purposes, any 1025 thread/pics would do too, they both use the 120R loader. But that is not the JD kit, so I'm not sure what looking at pics of the OEM setup will do for @cbarber413 .
Not sure why I thought it was an oem kit. Oops.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum. Just bought a 2025 with a grapple. The two hoses that connect the the grapple appear to be too short. They are under heavy strain when lifted and in the dump position.

the dealer is trying to tell me that I shouldn’t move the grapple in that position. 😡

Any Advice? Tried to search this forum but came up empty.
Thanks!
Hello;
I bought a 2025R last year. This winter I added a dealer installed snow plow blade with the angle kit. When the blade arrived at the dealer, I went to see it. The dealer said they just ordered new hydro hoses as the ones that came with the blade kit were too short. I know it's not the grapple, but it's the same problem. My dealer was great, they just got the right hoses at no cost to me and made it right.

·
Registered
57 Posts
New to the forum. Just bought a 2025 with a grapple. The two hoses that connect the the grapple appear to be too short. They are under heavy strain when lifted and in the dump position.

the dealer is trying to tell me that I shouldn’t move the grapple in that position. 😡

Any Advice? Tried to search this forum but came up empty.
Thanks!
My hydraulic hose is way too short...but I am 73, so I guess it's to be expected.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Purchased a 2019 2025R with the JD 3rd function kit against the dealers recommendation. They stated the JD 3rd function was too new and the WR Long 3rd function was a better option. I am so grateful I didn’t listen. I hate the OP got soured with his first experience to the utility tractor market. They are so versatile, I couldn’t imagine being without
Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar Crankset

Green Motor vehicle Plant Automotive tire Wood

Plant Vehicle Plant community Motor vehicle Tree

one.
That said I agree with everyone this looks like it was installed by a backyard mechanic! Can’t believe a dealer let that go out. Glad your returning it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Update on the dealer. He passed my request to return the tractor to the regional director and he’s supposed to reach out to me. I’m not sure if they’ll agree to take this back or not.

I believe the main issues with this install are as follows

1. After market bracket instead of OEM
2 bracket mounted in wrong location
3 they should NOT have drilled holes in the arm.
4 the quick connect should be on the hard metal hydraulic lines instead of the flexible hydraulic hoses

Do y’all think these issues can be addressed? Or did they ruin the front arm by drilling holes in it. Trying to figure out what exactly I should ask for if they refuse to take it back.
Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Won't be applicable to your 2025 machine. That's a H240 loader on a 5065e.

The important concept is using bulkhead fittings on a bracket to hold the Quick Connects. Looks like your install had bulkhead fittings but misapplied them.

Even if the tractor QC is on a hose, and won't be damaged, it's hard to pull/push two hose QC fittings together. Much, much easier to use two hands on one side of the QC pair. (Especially if there's a locking collar involved.)
I’m sorry, what are bulkhead fittings?

41 - 60 of 89 Posts