·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Water in system. Changed fluid. Trans ok. Hydraulics not working? JD 1026R

·
Super Moderator
3,415 Posts
Sorry to hear. If you truly want help, you're going to need to elaborate more and provide some background to the problem.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yea, like what hydraulics aren't working. FEL, 3 PH, steering?

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Registered
664 Posts
There was a recall on the 1026R for water in the hydraulics, they had to change the fill plug and inspect the rock shaft for rust. I don't know if that recall is still in effect where they will help you at no cost or if you will have to pay out of pocket for the parts to prevent the water intrusion. Mine was fixed shortly after I got it in March 2013.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
There was a recall on the 1026R for water in the hydraulics, they had to change the fill plug and inspect the rock shaft for rust. I don't know if that recall is still in effect where they will help you at no cost or if you will have to pay out of pocket for the parts to prevent the water intrusion. Mine was fixed shortly after I got it in March 2013.
This.

It will take several flushed to completely rid the system of water, and if it's been in there awhile you may have algae growing and clogging the screen.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
The plug never fixed anything for me and they never inspected the rockshaft...3 hydro changes and I still always have water in the fluid. Still has viscosity. Its condensation ,as its never been out in the rain only snow. Never affected operation tho.

I have seen hydro fluid with so much water in it , the tractor hydro froze up. It did not even look like fluid anymore. Only changed cause it froze, when it was warm it still worked...It was an 83 Kubota.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I would have to go out and look at my tractor, but I believe the fix was more than just a plug, I believe they added something to raise the fill up an inch or two so water could not set at the fill plug threads. It had no effect on my tractor as I added the TekTite Cab shortly after they did the mod so rain and snow would cause no problems. I must live in a better climate than you as I have never had any condensation problems with none of my equipment or my in-laws equipment going back to the late 60s. We have always used our tractors to remove snow in the winters, and living in the NW corner of the Michigan lower peninsula we get plenty of snow and summer mowing and other chores.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
I would have to go out and look at my tractor, but I believe the fix was more than just a plug, I believe they added something to raise the fill up an inch or two so water could not set at the fill plug threads. It had no effect on my tractor as I added the TekTite Cab shortly after they did the mod so rain and snow would cause no problems. I must live in a better climate than you as I have never had any condensation problems with none of my equipment or my in-laws equipment going back to the late 60s. We have always used our tractors to remove snow in the winters, and living in the NW corner of the Michigan lower peninsula we get plenty of snow and summer mowing and other chores.
It wasn't my Kubota....Whatever they added to the fill took about 30 sec (On my 1026R)...I left it out for them and saw them on my security cameras... flip the seat up fiddle with it and leave. To be honest to check for condensation you would have to get it tested. Take a hot item cover it and put it back in the fridge...You can see it is impossible not to have condensation...Especially in climates with change in season...but I digress.

Interested in having the OP post again.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
It wasn't my Kubota....Whatever they added to the fill took about 30 sec (On my 1026R)...I left it out for them and saw them on my security cameras... flip the seat up fiddle with it and leave. To be honest to check for condensation you would have to get it tested. Take a hot item cover it and put it back in the fridge...You can see it is impossible not to have condensation...Especially in climates with change in season...but I digress.

Interested in having the OP post again.
There was an extension that was put on that raised the fill point. Nothing fancy. I got one and put on my 1025R just in case. Got it for free so what the heck.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Reactions: MattL and chex313

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
FYI,
The 1026R had a recall for a rockshaft inspection due to the frame member encircling the hydro fill plug possibly allowing water to collect and enter. The fix was an extension for the fill plug and a new fill plug. Later series 1's had a different frame member that didn't allow water to collect around the fill plug.

There's a whole thread on this:
Rockshaft Inspection Recall for 1026R
The thread includes pictures of the extension and new plug (see post 67), and a lot of discussion.

Reactions: chex313 and raco232

·
Premium Member
11,917 Posts
Meanwhile, the cryptic messenger OP has yet to return.........(cue the theme music for the Twilight Zone).........

·
Super Moderator
3,415 Posts
Meanwhile, the cryptic messenger OP has yet to return.........(cue the theme music for the Twilight Zone).........
Which was exactly my point from the beginning. Apparently only you understood it Sulley 😃

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Well you have to give the OP at least 24 hours. You're not a missing person unless 24 hours have elapsed (at least they say that on TV).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes thank you. The hydraulic fluid fill cap was in two pieces. Undamaged as if separation occurred where the cap was bonded together by the cap manufacturer.
Water in system. Changed fluid. Trans ok. Hydraulics not working? JD 1026R
Another question. How do you purge or bleed hydraulic system after fluid change? Pump does seem to sound as if it is cavitating.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Yes thank you. The hydraulic fluid fill cap was in two pieces. Undamaged as if separation occurred where the cap was bonded together by the cap manufacturer.
Another question. How do you purge or bleed hydraulic system after fluid change? Pump does seem to sound as if it is cavitating.
Cycle the PTO, FEL and the steering with engine running at a idle or low RPM. It's self bleeding.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts