Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to mow the other day and noticed a sizeable puddle underneath the 2038R. No big deal since it's under warranty, but I wish JD would get these leaks figured out! THis is my 3rd Deere now(2016 X590, 2017 X738, and 2018 2038R) and all have had hydraulic leaks within the first two weeks of ownership. The GT's were a little o-ring at the bottom of the transmission(literally a $1 part) but the whole transmission had to be removed to fix. John Deere's are very expensive and their quality is top notch-but really?! The dealership picked it up yesterday afternoon. Hopefully it's nothing major as I'm sure its probably not. Just annoying more than anything!

Reactions: glc

·
Premium Member
13,629 Posts
Were you able to determine that it wasn't just a loose hose coupling or something similar?

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were you able to determine that it wasn't just a loose hose coupling or something similar?
It was something around the left rear tire. Didn't have time to even look at it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got an update from the dealer over the lunch hour. Turns out it was the final drive leaking. Should be delivered this afternoon or tomorrow morning at the latest.

Reactions: HomesteadJoe
1 - 4 of 4 Posts