Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm borrowing my uncles 260 skid steer. It is a 2003 or 2004 model with 720hrs. Using it today driving back to house I stopped to open gate and hydraulic fluid was pouring out from right under the center of the machine. No way I poked anything into the hole. Everything works as it should just leaking bad. Any ideas what it may be or where I should start on it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Could be allot of things, just start looking around, and try to get an idea where it's coming from... A hose, fitting, or a seal are all likely suspects.

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
Welcome to GTT,
You really didn't give us much to go on, there are a lot of things that could be leaking under there. Your going to have to get it jacked up and get the plates off to look for hoses (hopefully) or other parts that may be leaking.

Please be VERY carful, high pressure (3000+ PSI) fluid can be injected into your skin! Always looks for leaks with a piece of cardboard-NOT your hand if the the machine is running.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
With 720 hours you may need to not only take the plates off of the bottom but also you may need to clean the machine then run it a little bit then check for evidence of where the leak is coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the floor plates off a month ago and cleaned the machine very good. Prolly only been done a couple times. What are the side plates for in between the wheels? It never fails when you borrow something it starts to break. I'm going to crawl under it this weekend and look a little more. Hopefully it is just a hose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts