Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Looking for some help.

Just discounted my plow form my 1026R and went to install the Loader. The Black and Yellow hydraulic lines connected without any issues. For the life of me I can not get the Blue or red lines to connect.

I'm able to reconnect the plow hydraulics with no issues, so it must be on the loader side. The loader has been sitting since early December in the garage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
You need to release the pressure in the hoses/hydraulic lines on the FEL.

·
Administrator
18,013 Posts
Most likely it's residual pressure on the loader side. Wrap a rag over the end, and push it against the loader frame to let out a little fluid and it should connect.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
Most likely it's residual pressure on the loader side. Wrap a rag over the end, and push it against the loader frame to let out a little fluid and it should connect.
:thumbup1gif:Took me a little too long to find a thread with this information for Dungar to read, we've all been there.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
A Little To Long..... That was pretty damn quick in my book.
Thanks
Apparently Kennyd is just a tad faster. :lol:

John Deere should add this site to their user manuals. Just Sayin.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Apparently Kennyd is just a tad faster. :lol:

John Deere should add this site to their user manuals. Just Sayin.
Ain't it funny that when they write those fancy manuals....

"Yeah, that looks like it's the way it works, go ahead and send it to the printer. And hey, don't forget that memo to make the pictures real dark and low contrast!"
....they never consult the folks that use the stuff...? I've had some "other issues" with JD's paper over time also.:laugh:

·
Registered
18 Posts
FEL Hydraulic lines difficult connection

I couldn't get FEL hydraulic lines connected after taking off snow plow, so, I left it and checked here.

Thanks guys!!

Wear safey glasses or goggles! (Had to wash mine after).

I used large channel lock plyers opened up. One jaw on nipple of hydraulic line, the other on back side of nut on fitting. Had to release three of four lines, then they connected easily.

Note: Use shop towel over end (not a paper towel) to prevent hydraulic fluid shower....? :banghead:

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
12,295 Posts
This is my second time swapping the loader for the front blower. Last time it went without a hitch. This time I could not get the curl/dump connectors to go in. The ambient temperature was not much different from when I removed it.

I tried pressing the connector against something to release some fluid but no matter how hard I pressed it would not release. So I unscrewed the quick connector a bit and let about two tablespoons of fluid leak out and they went right on.

Now I'm just waiting for the fittings to start leaking.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I couldn't get FEL hydraulic lines connected after taking off snow plow, so, I left it and checked here.

Thanks guys!!

Wear safey glasses or goggles! (Had to wash mine after).

I used large channel lock plyers opened up. One jaw on nipple of hydraulic line, the other on back side of nut on fitting. Had to release three of four lines, then they connected easily.

Note: Use shop towel over end (not a paper towel) to prevent hydraulic fluid shower....? :banghead:

Jimmy
LOL! This is too funny because yesterday I had the same exact issue. Except that I neglected to use the rag, and was treated to the hydraulic shower!!! Won't make that mistake again!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Tried to reconnect mine today and couldn't. Thankfully, I had read about the problem on this forum somehow in the past. So I promptly pushed the connector against the loader support like yall had told me to. What you didn't mention was the giant splooge of hydro fluid that was going to fly everywhere. Came in the back door (which we normally don't use, so it's usually a bad sign when someone comes in it) and my wife worriedly asks "what happened?". I shut the door behind me so I wasn't backlit anymore and said "I appear to be having a laundry emergency". She died laughing. We're still trying to figure out the best way to get all that hydro fluid out of my clothes.

Next time? Wrap the connector in a rag before purging it.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
All you have to do is move the joy stick in all 4 directions a few time when the engine is turn off.
This will take of the pressure off the lines and you and install or remover the lines much easier.

·
Administrator
18,013 Posts
All you have to do is move the joy stick in all 4 directions a few time when the engine is turn off.
This will take of the pressure off the lines and you and install or remover the lines much easier.
Most of the time this works, but sometimes pressure is built up in the implement from temp changes however, so you must relieve pressure in it before it will connect.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
Most of the time this works, but sometimes pressure is built up in the implement from temp changes however, so you must relieve pressure in it before it will connect.

:thumbup1gif:Happens to me just about every time.

·
Registered
99 Posts
At work (fire dept.), we used to have a tool for releasing pressure off the hydraulic rescue tools. We have all single line tools now so we don't need it, but I'll try to find one and put a picture of it on here. Maybe some of the more creative machine shop folks here can duplicate it for this purpose.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here it is. Basically, it clamps to the hydraulic line and the thumbscrew presses down to release pressure. Maybe the machinists can reverse engineer something?

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts