Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The hose that controls the bucket curl on the H120 failed on me today. Fluid everywhere. It failed right at the point where there is a large nut that looks like it is crimped onto the hose. Anyhow, anyone know the part number for the hose?

its the one with the black cover, or if that changes from tractor to tractor it is the hose to the upper rear connector.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
You can take the hose into most any auto parts store and they can make you a hose to fit and cheaper than JD stuff. I had to do that this summer summer on my H180 loader.

Dave

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Find a Napa, I've had them make up hydraulic lines, they're pretty universal.

·
Registered
524 Posts
If there is a cat dealer around they will have the stuff to do it as well. Should be o-ring face fittings pretty common ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can take the hose into most any auto parts store and they can make you a hose to fit and cheaper than JD stuff. I had to do that this summer summer on my H180 loader.

Dave
Thanks, I will check around today/Monday to see if anyone can do this. I assume that if a parts store can do this that I can grab the parts from TSC and do it myself? maybe that's a big assumption. :)

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,458 Posts
The hose that controls the bucket curl on the H120 failed on me today. Fluid everywhere. It failed right at the point where there is a large nut that looks like it is crimped onto the hose. Anyhow, anyone know the part number for the hose?

its the one with the black cover, or if that changes from tractor to tractor it is the hose to the upper rear connector.
There are 6 of these hoses on your loader. Part numbers are listed below FYI.
As others have stated, you can have them made up locally.

AW29374 350mm (13.78")
AW35884 (13.78") Applicable for Cab tractors only

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Double check that the fitting is tight.

I did check when it happened but I will have another look today. I didn't notice the leak until the forks I had on kept drooping and when I looked behind me was when I noticed that there was a river of fluid that would have made any petroleum executive smile and of course my wife not smile since there was fluid all across the pavers in the driveway. I grabbed some wrenches and when I couldn't make any headway on tightening anything I focused on the mess.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Not a do it yourself

Thanks, I will check around today/Monday to see if anyone can do this. I assume that if a parts store can do this that I can grab the parts from TSC and do it myself? maybe that's a big assumption. :)
TSC may have pre-made hoses but I would get one made to order. It's not a do it yourself as the fittings are crimped on with a lot of pressure. Generally there's a die and a hydraulic crimp that can apply several tons of force to the fitting. You could buy the machine but unless you plan on tearing a lot of hoses, best just use a local store. . . Make sure they have the exact right fittings in stock to match the old one, a slight difference either won't work or could be difficult to connect.

Treefarmer

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
As others said, you need special tools to make these lines.

Just take the busted line off the tractor, bring it with you to a Napa and tell them "I need this made", honestly I doubt you'd even save any money doing it yourself.

:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,748 Posts
Pick a hose...

0001972756____________A1.jpg

Hydraulic Hoses and Oil Tubes
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
1R44302Tie BandAR
(D)
2W39914Hose Guard1
3R26448O-Ring1
11.887 X 1.981 mm (0.468" X 5/64")
4AW35268Hydraulic Hose4
LGTH= 1350MM
5W53373Cap1
(A)
W53374Cap1
(B)
W53375Cap1
(C)
W53376Cap1
(D)
6E40500Orifice1
7N155442Adapter Fitting1
8AW32184Hydr. Quick Coupler Plug4
9AW32569Hydraulic Hose2
LGTH= 635MM
10AW29374Hydraulic Hose6
LGTH= 350MM
AW35884Hydraulic Hose6
(E) LGTH = 350MM
11W44542Block Clamp3
12W52152Screw3
13T77613O-Ring12
14AW35336Oil Line1
15AW35337Oil Line1
16AW35338Oil Line1
17AW35339Oil Line1
18R76477Tie Band2
19W54416Hose Support1
2019M7298Cap Screw1
M8 X 35
2124M7024Washer2
9 X 28 X 3 mm
2214M7396Lock Nut1
M8
23R155996Tie Band2
(C)
24R155997Tie Band2
(A)
25R155998Tie Band2
(B)
(A) Red(B) Blue

(C) Yellow(D) Black

(E) APPLICABLE ONLY FOR CAB TRACTORS

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Bag the ends

As others said, you need special tools to make these lines.

Just take the busted line off the tractor, bring it with you to a Napa and tell them "I need this made", honestly I doubt you'd even save any money doing it yourself.

:good2:
Remember to bag the ends of the hose and fittings. The hose needs bagging to keep your vehicle from getting oily. Bag the fittings on the tractor to keep dirt out while you are getting the new hose.

Don't put tape on the fittings themselves. Use a sandwich bag and wrap the tape tightly around the bag so there's no residue on threads or fittings.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Remember to bag the ends of the hose and fittings. The hose needs bagging to keep your vehicle from getting oily. Bag the fittings on the tractor to keep dirt out while you are getting the new hose.

Don't put tape on the fittings themselves. Use a sandwich bag and wrap the tape tightly around the bag so there's no residue on threads or fittings.

Treefarmer

Thanks for all of the advice!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found the problem

It was, as suggested, a loose fitting in the end. I originally checked the fittings when I noticed the lead and thought they were tight. I completely disassembled the FEL from the tractor today and found that;

A. It was not an original hose that came with the FEL, it was a shorter hose that came with the Artillian Grapple.
B. When the hose is installed it is under quite a bit of tension as the hose has to go under the Tektite frame and barely reaches the black (upper rear) quick disconnect due to the length of hose and the angle of the connector.

The hose probably came loose when I was wrestling that quick disconnect at some point and it didn't really start leaking until I put it under pressure.

A quick tighten of the connections on the end of the hose and reassembly of the FEL on the tractor and the leaking is no longer there although; without a bucket, the left and right curl arms (where the quick disconnect attaches to the bucket) are out of phase meaning that when I curl (no load at all) the right hand arm curls ahead of the left hand one. Not sure if this is normal and it was way too dark to check levels so I will look again in the morning.

What I really need to do is have new hoses made from the Artillian diverter to the tractor quick disconnects, I fight those connections every time due to the angle and length.

Thanks for all the advice.

Reactions: Treefarmer

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
You get what . . .

It was, as suggested, a loose fitting in the end. I originally checked the fittings when I noticed the lead and thought they were tight. I completely disassembled the FEL from the tractor today and found that;

A. It was not an original hose that came with the FEL, it was a shorter hose that came with the Artillian Grapple.
B. When the hose is installed it is under quite a bit of tension as the hose has to go under the Tektite frame and barely reaches the black (upper rear) quick disconnect due to the length of hose and the angle of the connector.

The hose probably came loose when I was wrestling that quick disconnect at some point and it didn't really start leaking until I put it under pressure.

A quick tighten of the connections on the end of the hose and reassembly of the FEL on the tractor and the leaking is no longer there although; without a bucket, the left and right curl arms (where the quick disconnect attaches to the bucket) are out of phase meaning that when I curl (no load at all) the right hand arm curls ahead of the left hand one. Not sure if this is normal and it was way too dark to check levels so I will look again in the morning.

What I really need to do is have new hoses made from the Artillian diverter to the tractor quick disconnects, I fight those connections every time due to the angle and length.

Well, in my case you get what you pay for. Some of the other posters give you much more than you pay for.

Glad it was something simple. It does make sense to get longer hoses so you won't have to fight them.

Treefarmer

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,748 Posts
IA quick tighten of the connections on the end of the hose and reassembly of the FEL on the tractor and the leaking is no longer there although; without a bucket, the left and right curl arms (where the quick disconnect attaches to the bucket) are out of phase meaning that when I curl (no load at all) the right hand arm curls ahead of the left hand one. Not sure if this is normal and it was way too dark to check levels so I will look again in the morning.

It's normal. Cycling them fully will probably align them somewhat.

·
Premium Member
9,055 Posts

Just FYI,

My John Deere dealer makes the custom hoses in their parts department and they were very competitive with the other "Non Deere" parts sources in the area....It might be worth checking with your Deere dealer just to see as it is nice to have a good relationship wit the dealer parts and service department just in case you ever need it.....Plus I like having all of the fittings exactly the same, etc. and some of the 3rd party sources in our area use a variety of different fittings.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
524 Posts
We can get you a part number on that hose if you just want to order it from Deere! But yea I'd take to local Deere dealer and have them make it. They should have the build specs on that hose in parts doc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts