Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to hook up my grappler again and cylinders only move a few inches, they close all the way. Help do you have to bleed the lines?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
These types of circuits bleed out any air with a few full strokes of the cylinders.
I could make guesses...
Quick connect coupler is not fully seated or has a damaged spring behind one of the check devices.
Do you have an electric diverter for the third function?
Could be the diverter valve is sticking.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure on the diverter valve? I can see the lines jumping up to the grapple,

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,051 Posts
Sounds like a coupler is not seated all the way, or one is bad and acting like a check valve. Another potability is bad cylinder.

Try swapping the hoses and see it the problem changes...also try unhooking, cleaning and reconnecting all the couplers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to say it was something clogged, but...... I'm just stupid. I could swear I had them in the two bottom, but apparently they go one side or the other. I noticed it moved when I moved both valves and put two and two together.

·
Administrator
17,051 Posts
Thanks for the update! Simple fixes are away GREAT!

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Sounds like a coupler is not seated all the way, or one is bad and acting like a check valve. Another potability is bad cylinder.

Try swapping the hoses and see it the problem changes...also try unhooking, cleaning and reconnecting all the couplers.
Thanks for the update! Simple fixes are away GREAT!
You been drinking :mocking:

·
Registered
3,216 Posts

·
Administrator
17,051 Posts
Whoops. Busted

·
Premium Member
7,425 Posts
Unlike mid couplers (each quick coupler a different color) , rear couplers are color coded the same, (two caps/dust plugs) for an individual valve, same color. So the Blue are one valve, the green another. Your levers may be color coded to match ( a colored ring on the knob?).

I would get colored tie-wraps, color of the valve you like to use, and mark the hoses. One tie-wrap on the top hose, two tie-wraps on the bottom hose. That makes it easy to always hook up the same each time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts