Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've scoured through every single hydraulic posting on here and I am just not finding the answer I am trying to find. Then again there is literally thousands of posts under different topics so I could have missed it. :read

I have no immediate need for hydraulics but I am always planning guess it is in my nature as an Emergency Manager. I am confused with the options available for the 1025r regarding hydraulics.

I see the Power Beyond has a quick disconnect that goes on the rear of the tractor. One post I read said that if you break the line for an implement you lose the use of the front end loader. Is this true?

The third service kit requires the Power Beyond to operate, but if you want to use the independent hydraulic lift you lose a function???

The rear hydraulic option is not compatible with Power Beyond or Third Service Kit. Do you get another joystick valve like the loader or three independent or what?

I guess what I am trying to do here is not limit myself to one or the other. I like to have all options available to me at my disposal. So would anyone have recommendations? I have looked at FitRiteHydraulics but his seems more for the 3-Point raising, lowering, and tilting. Am I missing something?

I guess what I need is a breakdown or diagram of what each is capable of doing and so that I can compare options. If I want it all what do I do, best aftermarket options??? Thanks!

·
Administrator
20,665 Posts
I am not up to speed on the current hydraulic options Deere has available. I wish it was easier to research this for each model on their site...

But i can give you a few general rules of thumb here.:good2:

PB (power beyond) is a loop with a connected QD (quick disconnect) on the back of the tractor. This is used to power a rear hydraulic implement such as a log splitter or a backhoe. It's kept connected to each other when not in use. This completes the continuous flow of fluid needed in a open center system such as the 1 series. As long as there is flow through this loop, it has no effect on the mid SCV/loader.

It used to be the 3rd SCV kit required the PB kit to operate, but left you without the PB. However I think this has changed. I *think* JD's newer kits allow for both to be installed and used simultaneously.

Independent lift is just an option by itself. It connects to the loader SCV ports to raise and lower the mower. You can't have the loader hydraulically connected at the same time you want to raise and lower the mower. There is another kit available from Deere commonly know as the electric over hydraulic independent lift that allows the mower hydraulic cylinder to remain permanently connected and operated with a switch installed on the dash. this allows both the mower and loader to be installed and working simultaneously.

The aftermarket such as Fit Rite Hydraulics makes just about anything you'd want, as long as you can afford it. (Hydraulics ain't cheap....) Brian can outfit you with more than just a single 3rd SCV and PB. He has done at least a 3 spool valve on the rear of a 1 series with a backhoe. The options are endless here. The only real caveat is space. There isn't a lot of area to mount all of these parts and pieces.

i hope that clears it up a bit.:good2:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hydraulics to the back on a 1025r

Does anyone have pictures of the kit # LVB25837 installed? This is the kit that routes (or re-routes?) the front hydraulics to the back. I assume these plug into the SVC quick couplers, which would mean you would have to dismount the FEL to use, right? Although it doesn't appear to be the perfect solution, it would do in a pinch. Here is a link to an image of said kit on eBay:

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Ep8AAOxywXFScUsA/s-l1600.jpg

So far, I don't have a particular use for back hydraulic, but hey, good to be prepared just in case, right?:bigbeer:

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of the kit # LVB25837 installed? This is the kit that routes (or re-routes?) the front hydraulics to the back. I assume these plug into the SVC quick couplers, which would mean you would have to dismount the FEL to use, right? Although it doesn't appear to be the perfect solution, it would do in a pinch. Here is a link to an image of said kit on eBay:

So far, I don't have a particular use for back hydraulic, but hey, good to be prepared just in case, right?:bigbeer:
I have never seen that kit installed, but you are correct in your description.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts

I have never seen this kit installed. From what I understand, the lines to the rear are simply "T" to FEL lines, so, yes, you cannot use both FEL and a rear hydraulic attachment connected at the same time. This kit is also not compatible with the power beyond that is used by the BH. Just not enough space on these small tractors for too many lines!

·
Premium Member
740 Posts

You might want to consider ST817568 - REAR OUTLET KIT, BUT only if you do not want to install a power beyond kit, can't have both of them. If you can live with that, you don't have sacrifice the loader SCV to have additional rear SCV functions. I can provide pictures of it installed if needed.

ST817568.png

·
Registered
471 Posts
So if you have the power beyond kit, is there a rear hydraulic kit available since the ones listed above will not work with it?

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
So if you have the power beyond kit, is there a rear hydraulic kit available since the ones listed above will not work with it?
If you have power beyond, there is no OEM rear hydraulic kit. Aftermarket.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
657 Posts
How many do you want? With my system 10 would be the limit. To date, 4 has been the most that I have done on a 1000 series, 3 is very common. The picture shows a 3 valve set. These can be used for about anything that you want to do. You can have it so it is part time connected to the power beyond or it can be set up to be always connected and you use the remotes for any implement that needs a constant flow. Just requires different types of valves for different purposes.

Comes down to $$$$ and exactly what it is that you want to be able to do. :good2:

Attachments

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,261 Posts
OK, while we're on this subject I have a question or 2. I don't have a PB on my tractor nor do I have a BH. So if I wanted to have the tilt and angle (center link) for the 3PH and also have hyd. for a dump wagon, what would I need to make this happen? Would I need more SCV's to do this and how many ports or whatever you call it would I need? Would it take 4 handles to make all his work? More importantly, can this be done on a 1026/25R? When it comes to hyd., all I know is how to move the levers to make things work or fix what's already there. And what all is needed if I wanted to get a grapple down the road? :dunno:

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
657 Posts
OK, while we're on this subject I have a question or 2. I don't have a PB on my tractor nor do I have a BH. So if I wanted to have the tilt and angle (center link) for the 3PH and also have hyd. for a dump wagon, what would I need to make this happen? Would I need more SCV's to do this and how many ports or whatever you call it would I need? Would it take 4 handles to make all his work? More importantly, can this be done on a 1026/25R? When it comes to hyd., all I know is how to move the levers to make things work or fix what's already there. And what all is needed if I wanted to get a grapple down the road? :dunno:

Different ways to do things, easiest way is to start with the factory power beyond system. From there you can do just about anything that you want to do. For the top & tilt setup and to power the dump wagon, you will need 3 sets of rear remotes. (6 couplers) Just like what is in the pictures. Bolts directly to the ROPS, total installation time should be waaaaaay less than an hour.:bigthumb:

As far as controlling your grapple, 3 ways that I can think of.

My #1 recommended way is to use an electric diverter plumbed into the curl circuit of your loader with the control button on the joystick.

#2 recommended way is to use an electric valve. This can be plumbed into your power beyond loop or if you go with my rear remotes, the electric valve can be installed along with the manual valves. I prefer to have this type of valve stacked in with the manual valves, far better quality of valve IMO. Control switches would be on the loader joystick in a control grip.

3rd way, simply use a rear remote, and move your hand back and forth from the loader joystick to the control lever. No where as convenient, but less than half the $$$.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,261 Posts
So, first things first is get the power beyond. Guess I to do some planning on when and how. Thanks for the info. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
438 Posts
You might want to consider ST817568 - REAR OUTLET KIT, BUT only if you do not want to install a power beyond kit, can't have both of them. If you can live with that, you don't have sacrifice the loader SCV to have additional rear SCV functions. I can provide pictures of it installed if needed.

View attachment 216713
Without looking up part numbers, this must be what I had installed on my tractor...used to operate my blower chute and hydraulic dump cart, and possibly a hyd top link sometime in the future.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Different ways to do things, easiest way is to start with the factory power beyond system. From there you can do just about anything that you want to do. For the top & tilt setup and to power the dump wagon, you will need 3 sets of rear remotes. (6 couplers) Just like what is in the pictures. Bolts directly to the ROPS, total installation time should be waaaaaay less than an hour.:bigthumb:

As far as controlling your grapple, 3 ways that I can think of.

My #1 recommended way is to use an electric diverter plumbed into the curl circuit of your loader with the control button on the joystick.

#2 recommended way is to use an electric valve. This can be plumbed into your power beyond loop or if you go with my rear remotes, the electric valve can be installed along with the manual valves. I prefer to have this type of valve stacked in with the manual valves, far better quality of valve IMO. Control switches would be on the loader joystick in a control grip.

3rd way, simply use a rear remote, and move your hand back and forth from the loader joystick to the control lever. No where as convenient, but less than half the $$$.
I have not looked at the hydraulic schematics much but with the thought of setting a cab on my 1 series soon as it gets cooler - the three valve set up bolted to the rops poses a issue and I was wondering wouldn't it be possible to use a multi function valve for the 3ph options of center link and side - maybe the same type valve used for the FEL. ?

To clarify a second valve not the FEL valve just similar in a different location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
657 Posts
I have not looked at the hydraulic schematics much but with the thought of setting a cab on my 1 series soon as it gets cooler - the three valve set up bolted to the rops poses a issue and I was wondering wouldn't it be possible to use a multi function valve for the 3ph options of center link and side - maybe the same type valve used for the FEL. ?

To clarify a second valve not the FEL valve just similar in a different location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In your situation, I would say to get the cab and then figure out what can be done from there. There just is not much room on these smaller tractors to get things to fit and a cab puts even more restrictions.

I can't say yes or no, I simply do not know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rear Outlet Kit

View attachment 216713
56Nine, by all means, I'd love to see pics of anyone's hydraulic setups! I enjoy reading the thoughts and ideas - good and bad - that folks come up with. Although I want it all (who doesn't), ultimately my goal is a 3rd SCV to the back, and adding a diverter to the FEL curl.

·
Registered
79 Posts

View attachment 216713
56Nine, what is that number "ST817568"? I don't get any hits on the JDParts page with it.
Is that the same as "BLV10351" (currently $645)? Haven't quite figured out JD's number system yet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Series 1 Part Numbers

Like so many hear, I have spent exhausting hours looking up part numbers for various things. Unfortunately, I found myself repeating this process over and over for the same items. Eventually, I got wise and started documenting them. The attachment contains many of the common items (plus some obscure things) that have some interest to me. Most I didn't even know existed before finding this forum (my wife sends many thinks - NOT:nunu:) If this does anyone any service, you're welcome! I hope my brief explanations are enough for most, but realize what makes sense to me may not make sense to others. For that, my apologies. Please take this and modify to fit your interests and needs.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts