Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been moving a lot of dirt around my yard lately and I thought my FEL wasn't operating quite up to par. It seemed to be struggling to not only lift, but curl buckets of dirt. I ordered one of Kenny D's pressure gauges to test the system. A little research on this forum and the consensus is that the hydraulic pressure for a 1025R, should be about 1990 psi. I checked the pressure on the dump line and it in fact was a needles width under 2000 psi, so the dump function reads correct .

My question would be, should I check all 4 FEL hydraulic functions individually, or do I assume that they will all read the same? If there was a blockage in any of the other lines or quick connect fittings, wouldn't that lower the pressure? :dunno:

BTW: Thanks, Kenny for the quick delivery of the pressure gauge. :thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
I've been moving a lot of dirt around my yard lately and I thought my FEL was operating quite up to par. It seemed to be struggling to not only lift, but curl buckets of dirt. I ordered one of Kenny D's pressure gauges to test the system. A little research on this forum and the consensus is that the hydraulic pressure for a 1025R, should be about 1990 psi. I checked the pressure on the dump line and it in fact was a needles width under 2000 psi, so the dump function reads correct .

My question would be, should I check all 4 FEL hydraulic functions individually, or do I assume that they will all read the same? If there was a blockage in any of the other lines or quick connect fittings, wouldn't that lower the pressure? :dunno:

BTW: Thanks, Kenny for the quick delivery of the pressure gauge. :thumbup1gif:
I would check each circuit separately, just to have the benchmark value. They do perform different functions and have different connections so checking each would be a good idea, in my very humble opinion. Plus then you get to play with the fancy smancy gauge some more.....

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
There is only one PRV for everything, so technically you should get the same reading at all four ports. But it's worth trying to see if there is a restrictive coupler, plus as Sully says you get to play with the new "tool" more.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
As others have said, there is only one PRV in this system so you will read the same pressure value at all ports.

I would mark your experience up to (by the way, all of us have) wanting to run you small tractor like it is a bigger tractor. :laugh::laugh:

Take a little less material and you will be fine!!:bigthumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts