Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
18,520 Posts
Short answer, no.
If you need faster hydraulics and/or more lift capacity, you need a larger tractor.
All the plumbing and valves are sized for the pump it has, so replacing it with a larger one may just add heat and do damage.

:wgtt:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Short answer, no.
If you need faster hydraulics and/or more lift capacity, you need a larger tractor.
All the plumbing and valves are sized for the pump it has, so replacing it with a larger one may just add heat and do damage.

:wgtt:
Kenny is 100% correct as usual, as you will see. If you need a bigger hydraulic pump it’ll come attached to a bigger tractor.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Kenny is absolutely correct!!

That said, I have to ask, what reason would there be for wanting to increase the hydraulic pump size on a 2025R??? :dunno:

Reactions: KHodges and PJR832

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
What Kenny said. . .

You can pretty much take Kenny's answers to the bank as being correct.

In this case, there might be an exception if you are doing something that could use an external pump. Some chippers go that route with the PTO driving a pump and reservoir as well as the cutting knives. That gives them a hydraulic feed for the chipper but it's not using the tractor hydraulics.

Another exception would be a front mounted hydraulic mower or snowblower using a rear PTO driven pump and reservoir. Pretty much any hydraulic motor of any size is going to take more hydraulic flow than a 2 or even 3 series puts out but the PTO driven pumps can have the capacity. Whether a 2 series has the weight to handle something like that is another question.

For any "normal" use, Kenny is spot on.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
13,847 Posts
Kenny is absolutely correct!!

That said, I have to ask, what reason would there be for wanting to increase the hydraulic pump size on a 2025R??? :dunno:
That would be my question, I wondered if possibly he was just looking for more lift and simply wording it the wrong way. There have been a lot of us with the new 2025R that have needed a pressure increase.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
That would be my question, I wondered if possibly he was just looking for more lift and simply wording it the wrong way. There have been a lot of us with the new 2025R that have needed a pressure increase.
That's possible!!!

I guess we all try to do more than our tractors were designed to do at times, it is sort of our nature, but changing a hydraulic pump to something bigger will simply supply more flow, not more pressure.

Pressure is what enables movement, flow is how fast it will move. A 6 gallon per minute pump or a 20 gallon per minute pump can generate the same amount of working pressure. The 20 GPM pump will simply get it done faster. :dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts