Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a primer on the hydraulic revisions, alterations or additions required to run the new grapple? Strictly hydraulic newbie here and any info would be helpful, especially as it deals with operation, convenience and cost of revision or addition to the existing hydraulic system.

:dunno:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Hi Ralph,

The diverter installation will be a breeze, only requiring about an hour and a few hand tools to perform. No drilling, sawing, or cutting! The hardest part might be tapping into your electrical system for power. But even that could be achieved by simply using the auxiliary socket (cigarette lighter socket). Everything hydraulic is "plumbed and play". :laugh:

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have my curiosity peaked now. Looking forward to more details as they are available.

·
Administrator
17,954 Posts
Ralph, the diverter will essentially "split" the dump/curl circuit of your joystick to operate a new function. When the valve is not powered, joystick operation is normal, when it is powered (+12 volts), the left/right action of the joystick will now control a grapple, or angling of a snowplow. If you are familiar with electrics/electronics, it's essentially a DPDT switch for hydraulics. 1 input, and 2 either/or outputs.

Here is some good reading: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/hydraulics/1484-3rd-hyd-control-valve-2520-a.html

The "kit" Chris and I are working on will be a custom design, made just for the 1, 2 and eventually 3 series machines, and like he wrote, they will be "plumbed and play"

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Kenny. Good info there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Okay you two, I'm saving my nickles so maybe a long wait is not so bad. Rather you get it right. Engineering, design and trials. Christmas is coming.:laugh:

·
Administrator
17,954 Posts
Will there be anything available for the 4110?

Thanks!
Bob

Yes, maybe not a "complete" kit since the sales volume would be to low to justify that, but the components to add a diverter to your machine-absolutey. Mostly the changes would be hose lengths, and the wiring.

Just so happens that I have a 4110/410 so I could sure help you as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts