Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Supper thankful for the patient replies. I get the requirements. One more question that maybe someone has seen. My Greene machine has a K90 Transaxle. I am assuming (or shouldI?) that all K90's would take the same THRV and Free riding bar. Is there a list somewhere that shows what tractors have the K90's? I have seen a lot of posts about this upgrade but not sure if they are the same transaxle as the x739.

Thanks
As far as I know, it is the same. See Sergeant's post above where he listed the part numbers. He has a LOT of experience and a family member who works at Deere. I am confident he gave you the right part references.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Swazimotto

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Since you plan on getting a loader for your X739 Your Going two need to get two Parts from Deere

BW15044 TRANSAXLE HYDROSTATIC RELIEF VALVE 4WD or AWD $161.57 this is the Valve You shim This Valve Protect your transmission from Pressure Peaks associated with use of the Loader

M146148 free-wheeling valve control lever is also required $14.29

I Take it You Plan On Buying one of these 2013 John deere x ultimate

The Lockout Valve diverts Hydraulic Fluid towards the hydraulic outlets Instead of the tractors on board Hydraulic cylinder when closed. When Open hydraulic fluid freely flows to the on board Hydraulic cylinder as well as the outlets
:bigthumb:
I'll either go with a CTC as your linked or a JD 45 FEL. I have a line on a 45 w/o mounting brackets. I am partial to the green brand but I prefer some design aspects of the CTC. Any thoughts?

Thank you for the part numbers. I plan on skipping shimming and seeing how my performance is. I have asked them to test the pressure as a baseline before delivery tomorrow. Do these valves have specific torque requirements? Is their installation documentation that comes with the parts?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Hey, Sergeant, did you type that right? I think you meant to say that the THRV is NOT the valve that you shim and that you instead shim the IRV.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
whoops thanks for the Catch :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
I'll either go with a CTC as your linked or a JD 45 FEL. I have a line on a 45 w/o mounting brackets. I am partial to the green brand but I prefer some design aspects of the CTC. Any thoughts?

Thank you for the part numbers. I plan on skipping shimming and seeing how my performance is. I have asked them to test the pressure as a baseline before delivery tomorrow. Do these valves have specific torque requirements? Is their installation documentation that comes with the parts?
Thank you
Keep In Mind for a 45 Loader You will have to Build a New Sub frame as the 45 Loader sub frame will not fit In the frame Of the X700 signature series Unless You want to Cut Holes In the frame or Build a Sub Frame Like Jbible did On MTF Another 45 Loader Tale - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information.

BTW just so you know if your ever do shim don't excess 1300psi or you can damage the Trans axle even though it rated at 1500psi Max I have see the result of over shimming 3 times and it's Not a fun repair Most times it ends Up being a transmission replacement . I personally have never shimmed my X485 or X748 Unless You really need to Lift 700lbs to Max height it is just not needed The 45 Loader will lift close to 700lbs to 36inches and 375lbs at max height and it about the Same for the CTC loader. The CTC Loader will Probably be easier to go with Because finding a 45 loader is sometime Hard

If You go with a CTC Loader Make sure the Purchase is On a credit Card. Because the owner Can Be a bear to deal with if You run into Problems Mounting the CTC Loader. I have dealt with him over the Phone twice on other people's behalf and He is A-Hole 90% of the time Most don't run into Problem for the 425 thru X700 signature series Loaders. The major Problem with the loader's for the 425 thru X700 Signature is sometime You have to drill out the Holes In the front of your tractor frame. CTC's quality control is Lacking sometimes. Most Frame Issues of the CTC Loader Happen with the Loaders He Make's for the older 300 series ie 318. He will just consider You stupid if You Can 't get it Mounted and he will result to F-Bombs and SCREAMING at the top of his lungs at you. But I got the Issued resolved for both People. But CTC is really your only Option for a full fledged loader for the Signature series.

There are many Happy People with CTC's Products But at the same time the quality control is just Not there and the warranty is Kind of useless if You run into Problems. But the CTC Loader's do Preform well if You don't run into any mounting issues. even with his attitude back In 2014 I was all set to Buy a X758 and a CTC Loader.

But got such a good deal on a Low hr used X748 That I went with that and kept my 45 loader. Even though I have a compact tractor with a Loader I plan to never get rid of My X748 with 45 Loader(if I can it will get Buried Under the family Mausoleum) who says you can't Take it with You :laugh::bigthumb:

Reactions: North585 and TJR345

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It sounds like CTC will be my path after that great write up. I took delivery today and everything is looking good. I was looking at the hydraulics and noticed a knob and wondered what it does. I haven’t found it in the manual yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I forgot to add... I asked the dealer to test the hydraulic pressure for a baseline. I’m starting at 1200 psi even.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Found it in the blower manual. It’s just a different version of the cut off described above. It’s closed now for blower operation.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I forgot to add... I asked the dealer to test the hydraulic pressure for a baseline. I’m starting at 1200 psi even.
Man, if that is correct, then I wouldn't mess with the pressure. Most of had machines that base lined around 900 so boosting was worth it. In your case you are about in the sweet spot already. You don't want to be going over 1300 anyway.

Reactions: Treefarmer

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Man, if that is correct, then I wouldn't mess with the pressure. Most of had machines that base lined around 900 so boosting was worth it. In your case you are about in the sweet spot already. You don't want to be going over 1300 anyway.
I was surprised, as was the salesman. They had the printed report done by the techs. They did write wow beside the pressure. They do three tests after a short actuation and idleing. All the same in the report.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Found it in the blower manual. It’s just a different version of the cut off described above. It’s closed now for blower operation.
I don't know what you mean about 'different version'... Looks like the normal diversion valve to me. This is what I was referring to before.

Rob

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I don't know what you mean about 'different version'... Looks like the normal diversion valve to me. This is what I was referring to before.

Rob
Several posts show a quarter turn valve with a handle not a wheel.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had the same questions also since I'm thinking about buying a loader for my 2016 x738. My opinion is that since I have to take everything off to replace the TVR valve I should go ahead and shim the IRV. I bought some stainless 5mm washers to use as shims since they were the same size as the recommended shims. I was told one washer should be enough to get the hydraulic pressure where I needed at. I already bought the hydraulic pressure gauge and a John Deere male fitting to stick in the green port to check the pressure before and after.
At first I was looking at the little Buck loader but now decided I should just spend the money and get the CTC loader. I think all the other aftermarket loaders look goofy as hell on the tractor except for the CTC loader. Plus I don't want to be stuck in a situation that I wish I would have bought the bigger loader for bigger jobs. Right now I plan on moving mulch and loose rock around but you never know in the future you'll find other projects that you wish you would have the bigger loader for.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
In this thread?? Or somewhere else? I'm not seeing them here.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Wheel is OEM. Handle is aftermarket or earlier OEM on 425 thru 455:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
So if I'm just running a tiller for now. Maybe a blade I prolly dont need to shim right?
If you don't have a loader you probably don't need to shim, correct.

Rob

Reactions: Ffford7.3

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I have been back and forth with CTC. I read previous posts about dealing with Rod. He has been nothing but responsive and quite helpful. I shared my pressure of 1250 and he said not to mess with it. I also asked him about the Tow Relief Valve aka thrv. To my surprise he said that he has yet to hear of an issue w/o one installed. I think I’ll drop one in for the added insurance. The Valve is required for the JD bucket scoop so it can’t be a bad idea.

I am also having him bid some custom fabrication for managing my dock removal/installation.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have been back and forth with CTC. I read previous posts about dealing with Rod. He has been nothing but responsive and quite helpful. I shared my pressure of 1250 and he said not to mess with it. I also asked him about the Tow Relief Valve aka thrv. To my surprise he said that he has yet to hear of an issue w/o one installed. I think I’ll drop one in for the added insurance. The Valve is required for the JD bucket scoop so it can’t be a bad idea.

I am also having him bid some custom fabrication for managing my dock removal/installation.
I also ask him a few weeks ago about the THRV. His reply was... "That’s a JD thing to make sure they never had to fix anything under warranty. WE HAVE NEVER seen a problem related to that by not installing that valve."

What is the best way to check the hydraulic pressure? I have a 2016 x738. My understanding is that you warm the tractor up. Run the engine WOT with a guage in the green port. Is that correct?

21 - 40 of 67 Posts