Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had an idea to do a hydraulic sliding fork on my current pallet forks. I was thinking of just using a small cylinder to control one fork to keep complexity and cost low. Anyone do similar. Sucks jumping out of a cab to move a fork an inch.

·
Premium Member
15,968 Posts
By only moving one fork you risk having your load unbalanced. Remote sliding forks would be easiest with floating forks. You’ll get a lot of binding with standard forks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too worried about the balance of it all. Its main job is to lift engines and transmissions out of the parts truck when they come. Maybe 1/4 of the tractors capacity at most. That and I can also move the other if it is going to be an issue on a heavier lift. Just not looking to spend upwards of a few grand for this feature I can probably make work for a few hundred. I already spent way too much this year on implements. :D

·
Registered
938 Posts
I would give it a try, worst that can happen is it won't work.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,498 Posts
The biggest problem will be keeping the tine square to the frame while moving it. The tines have a fair amount of "slop" and aren't fixed in place on the frame. Also, be sure to remove the lock pin or prevent it from engaging.

Reactions: farmer52

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
By only moving one fork you risk having your load unbalanced. Remote sliding forks would be easiest with floating forks. You’ll get a lot of binding with standard forks.
I'll second this. Standard fork frame will definitely bind. Floating would still be a maybe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts