Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a splitter for hydraulic connections so the back hoe and grapple function can be used at the same time ( not the same time) but without having to reconnect the hoses to switch from one to the other.

·
Registered
2013 4120 eHydro, 400x, 448 backhoe
102 Posts
Just need to return the backhoe line to the 3-point rather than the tank.

·
Administrator
20,128 Posts
The Power Beyond lines that feed the backhoe flows oil constantly with no controls, you cannot use them to operate a grapple.

Reactions: Viper21

·
Registered
537 Posts
1. What tractor do you have?
2. What Kenny said

the power beyond is on the rear of the tractor and is constant flow (no valves).
For a grapple, which is typically on the front of the tractor, you can buy either a 3rd (mid) scv or add-on a diverter.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would think somewhere in this world there would nave to be a block to split so you can connect both at the same time. I am new to this tractor stuff but seems like it should be pretty simple. Obviously you can’t use both sides of the tractor at once. But should be able to not have to disconnect one to operate the other.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Whoa, that’s completely new to me! It’s definitely not Deere standard. Certainly creative work by your dealer.

How do you control the open-close of the grapple?

·
Administrator
20,128 Posts
That sort of looks like a WR Long 3rd function kit. Wow, what a mess.

·
Registered
537 Posts
what did they quote you for on the paperwork? Did they say they’d install the Deere 3rd SCV? If they did, that is NOT the Deere SCV and I’d work with the manager to have them remove what they did and install the correct Deere 3rd SCV.

·
Registered
474 Posts
You need a selective control valve (SCV) for any attachment that doesn't have one built in but requires one. Beyond that you can run as many attachments as you have valves or diverters for.

You can have hoses made to use the same valve for multiple functions that are not needed simultaneously. For example, I'm able to feed a backhoe thumb or a hydraulic top link with the same valve. There's never a conflict with those two uses.

The backhoe and things like wood splitters have their own valves so they just need constant flow such as provided by the power beyond loop. You are just borrowing flow from the tractor and controlling the attachment with it's own valves.

I run my grapple off the loader diverter while the BH is attached and would function but is not in use. No hose swapping is necessary to stop and begin BH operation. I'm also planning to run my three point tilt off that same diverter. This may occasionally cause conflict but I don't expect it to be frequent as I don't do finish grading with the grapple still on or at least in use. Once the grapple work is done the tilt function can have the diverter ports.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You need a selective control valve (SCV) for any attachment that doesn't have one built in but requires one. Beyond that you can run as many attachments as you have valves or diverters for.

You can have hoses made to use the same valve for multiple functions that are not needed simultaneously. For example, I'm able to feed a backhoe thumb or a hydraulic top link with the same valve. There's never a conflict with those two uses.

The backhoe and things like wood splitters have their own valves so they just need constant flow such as provided by the power beyond loop. You are just borrowing flow from the tractor and controlling the attachment with it's own valves.

I run my grapple off the loader diverter while the BH is attached and would function but is not in use. No hose swapping is necessary to stop and begin BH operation. I'm also planning to run my three point tilt off that same diverter. This may occasionally cause conflict but I don't expect it to be frequent as I don't do finish grading with the grapple still on or at least in use. Once the grapple work is done the tilt function can have the diverter ports.
Can you add some photos so I can see how you have everything hooked up?

·
Administrator
20,128 Posts
OK,
So to answer the original question, YES it can be hooked up so both the new 3rd function and the backhoe works at the same time. BUT, it would take some skill and thinking outside of the box that your dealer obviously does not have.

Diverter kits (Artillian, Summit) are much better suited on a 1-series than these kits, main due to available real estate. Do you think you have any recourse with them to take this back and refund it?

Where are you located?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK,
So to answer the original question, YES it can be hooked up so both the new 3rd function and the backhoe works at the same time. BUT, it would take some skill and thinking outside of the box that your dealer obviously does not have.

Diverter kits (Artillian, Summit) are much better suited on a 1-series than these kits, main due to available real estate. Do you think you have any recourse with them to take this back and refund it?

Where are you located?
North Georgia. I’ll have to look into it. They had the thing for 4 days. I just wanted the stuff and would have installed myself. They said for warranty they needed to do it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts