Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used this Magister cylinder for a cat 1 top link on their series 1 or other cat 1 setup? It has SAE ORB ports, rather then NPT or British, and the length seems perfect for the series 1 with Kens extended hook. The only oddity is that the pin sizes are 1", but I can probably fix that with a bushing?

They also have one with a 2.5" body that might work. (The 2" one is currently out of stock.)

Everything else that I found either had the British threads or was a bit longer than I wanted. I could have one custom made, but these two options look promising.

What is your experience or thoughts on the above two cylinders?

(Reading this, maybe the admins should move it to hydraulics.)

·
Registered
2000 JD4500 w/460FEL & 48bh. Other Dino recyclers include a 95 WH, 12 Ram, 97 Jeep & a 75 Ramcharger
24 Posts
Check Surplus Center.... they have Top Link Specific cylinders for a really fair price... You could also look at Fimic, they may have them available too.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check Surplus Center.... they have Top Link Specific cylinders for a really fair price... You could also look at Fimic, they may have them available too.
Thanks. I checked surplus center, but their cylinder has the bspp port, whereas the magister has ORB ports. I couldn't find any cylinders on the fimic sit with a swivel ball end.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
I put this on from a company on the net out of Ohio....has the equalizer and the hoses are together....the British thing was not a problem as tightening up the threads they will mate. I did come back and add the 1/4" lines for more flexibility. The connecting rod type fittings gave more versitility and the cylinder has the regular top length balls and size. If you want the name P.M. me a Ill send you a copy of my receipt....

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2000 JD4500 w/460FEL & 48bh. Other Dino recyclers include a 95 WH, 12 Ram, 97 Jeep & a 75 Ramcharger
24 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't use a magister cylinder....use one with the balls right model....
Something looks funky about the Magister, pbut I don't know enough to put my finger on it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have the 2x8 version waiting in a box....

This one is exactly the length that I need, about an inch shorter than the manual OEM link. I wish that it had orb ports, but other than that, it looks perfect.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This one is exactly the length that I need, about an inch shorter than the manual OEM link. I wish that it had orb ports, but other than that, it looks perfect.
Worst case, have the Lock-Out block reported, or add adapters to the block to fit up to the fittings you want. Fittings are readily available on line or at your local parker store, search "parker store global locations". they are not cheap, but they will have exactly what you want.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Curious what's wrong with BSPP threads? Adapter fittings in a every shape and color are available to mate right up to it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Curious what's wrong with BSPP threads? Adapter fittings in a every shape and color are available to mate right up to it.
Nothing - Somehow, I had myself convinced that they are hard to find. I found the adapters that I need at surplus center.

Reactions: SRG

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discounthydraulichose.com is another good source with a good selection of fittings and adapters, that surpluscenter doesn't have.

Reactions: KeyboardJungle
1 - 15 of 15 Posts