Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really loving my 5075e, but want to get a hydraulic top link to minimize on/off for adjusting attachments.
What recommendations do you have for me?
Also, feel free to offer thoughts on hoses and connectors as well.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
You will have a considerable wait time, but just go with Brian at Fit Rite Hydraulics, a vendor on here and get it over with. It will come as a plug and play kit. No fuss, no bother. I have been using mine for over 6 years now and would not be without it. It gets used pretty much any time the tractor is used.

Dave

·
Registered
615 Posts
I got the JD part number for the hydraulic cylinder recommended, which was like $900 (yikes) and looked up the specs on it. I also measured the open and closed lengths of my stock manual top link. I then searched the web for cylinders that met those specs. I found one for $200 and it's working great. I am using 1/4 inch hoses with 90 degree fittings to keep things close to the cylinder. I read somewhere 1/4 inch were sufficient and I agree after seeing it in action. It's not fast but very controlled and allows for precise adjustments. Be sure you mount it with the fixed end toward the tractor so the hoses don't move. It gets pretty crowded back there and the hydraulic cylinder will cause things to break it anything binds up.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Any local hydraulic cylinder place will be able to make one, to mimic your manual top link.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I just bought mine at Ag South(Supply). $176. It doesn't have the check valve setup but I don't need it. It holds just fine without it.

Reactions: jdmich

·
Registered
301 Posts
I agree, once you know the specs of the cylinder you can source them. Hoses are easy to make. If your handy at all this is an easy job.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just bought mine at Ag South(Supply). $176. It doesn't have the check valve setup but I don't need it. It holds just fine without it.
Check valve is required by OHSA from what I read and I do have employees that occasionally run the tractor so I went with it. Something to be aware of.

OHSA can blow me for the most part, just don't want to give them another reason to turn me around.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
748 Posts
Really loving my 5075e, but want to get a hydraulic top link to minimize on/off for adjusting attachments.
What recommendations do you have for me?
Also, feel free to offer thoughts on hoses and connectors as well.
Thanks.
Here is what I normally supply for the 5075e tractors.
A 3" dia cylinder with a 1 1/2" dia rod having a working length of 19 1/4"- 27 1/4" similar to the left unit in the picture.
While this unit is a cat 2 unit, all the 5XXXe series tractors require a 1 3/4" wide tractor end ball swivel.
I provide the same end for the rod end with a floating reducer bushing.
This allows you to connect to both cat 1 & 2 implements properly with the top link if that is what is required for your applications.

Good luck. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is what I normally supply for the 5075e tractors.
A 3" dia cylinder with a 1 1/2" dia rod having a working length of 19 1/4"- 27 1/4" similar to the left unit in the picture.
While this unit is a cat 2 unit, all the 5XXXe series tractors require a 1 3/4" wide tractor end ball swivel.
I provide the same end for the rod end with a floating reducer bushing.
This allows you to connect to both cat 1 & 2 implements properly with the top link if that is what is required for your applications.

Good luck. :)
What does this setup run?

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
748 Posts
That $615 is the following.
1 cat 2 top link as previously described.
1 set of 3/8" hoses with 1/2" male AG type couplers.
1 set of flow restrictors, these allow for slower smoother adjustments of the hydraulic link.

If you would like to move forward with this, you will need to fill out the contact page on the Fit Rite website.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got the JD part number for the hydraulic cylinder recommended, which was like $900 (yikes) and looked up the specs on it. I also measured the open and closed lengths of my stock manual top link. I then searched the web for cylinders that met those specs. I found one for $200 and it's working great. I am using 1/4 inch hoses with 90 degree fittings to keep things close to the cylinder. I read somewhere 1/4 inch were sufficient and I agree after seeing it in action. It's not fast but very controlled and allows for precise adjustments. Be sure you mount it with the fixed end toward the tractor so the hoses don't move. It gets pretty crowded back there and the hydraulic cylinder will cause things to break it anything binds up.
Old thread, but any chance you have a link to the cylinder you bought, or maybe a part number? Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts