Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the implement side of the hydraulics on the 1025R is rated somewhere around 3.5 gpm. I can get a real sweet deal on a quad stack valve set up that is rated around 9 or 10 gpm. I realize this is way more than is needed for the 1025R. So my question is this....is there any harm in using that set of valves for rear SCV's if the pump system only puts out 3.5 gpm's.? The flip side of that deal, would be that if I ever sell the 1025R, I could then use that valve stack on my 3520. Thoughts/advice.

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts
No harm at all. :good2:

It *can be* harder to manually modulate the flow with larger valves than you have flow, but other than that, no worries. It's like having a big butterfly valve designed for a much larger pipe and you try to trickle the flow through it. Your example isn't that extreme so you'll be all set.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
There isn't any reason you couldn't use a valve stack that is rated for higher GPM than needed. Yes, the 1025R pump is rated at about 3.5 GPM and the main relief in the main SCV is set at 137 bar (1987 PSI).

The bigger question is, is the valve stack capable of power beyond. If it is, the outlet section will have a tank port and power beyond port. Most valve end section can be set up with power beyond or without power beyond.

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts
Bonus !! Thanks......I was hoping you were going to say that.
No worries, just make sure the stack is rated for PB like Ray_PA mentioned and you'll be all set. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts
Rated for 9-10 GPM is no problem as already stated...15-20 or more I'd say no don't use it. Besides the "modulation" or feathering Jason mentioned, they are huge, heavy, and you end having to use a bunch of adapters on the larger ports and that just cost's money, creates more places for leaks, and takes up valuable real estate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts