Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 john deere 2520 loader and 3 Point was working great,now loader won't raise or curl back,and three point won't raise snowblower up,changed oil and filter cleaned out screen filter still the same,any ideas,I was thinking of changing the male and female ends of the loader quick connects,but what about 3 point,

·
Registered
548 Posts
Just out of curiosity, has anyone been messing around with your 'Rate of Drop' control knob? Mine got turned accidentally and it wouldn't allow my pto to go down. First thing I'd look at.

·
Administrator
20,369 Posts
Is the steering working ok? Is the loader working ok now? Usually the QDs don’t just “go bad.” I would suspect one of them not fully seated.

How are you checking the fluid level? Sight glass or dipstick? The dipstick is way more accurate, just harder to get to. Make sure your fluid level is correct.

Have you done a pressure test? Ken’s Bolt-on Hooks has a gauge and video on how to test your hydraulic pressure. Pretty easy. It a gauge with a QD that plugs into your loader SCV. Activate the SCV and read. You can make one yourself if you have the stuff handy.

What exactly happened when you lost hydraulics? Can you give more of the story?

I would highly recommend you don’t use your email for a signature or your username. A LOT of people see this and your posting this information basically forever.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the steering working ok? Is the loader working ok now? Usually the QDs don’t just “go bad.” I would suspect one of them not fully seated.

How are you checking the fluid level? Sight glass or dipstick? The dipstick is way more accurate, just harder to get to. Make sure your fluid level is correct.

Have you done a pressure test? Ken’s Bolt-on Hooks has a gauge and video on how to test your hydraulic pressure. Pretty easy. It a gauge with a QD that plugs into your loader SCV. Activate the SCV and read. You can make one yourself if you have the stuff handy.

I would highly recommend you don’t use your email for a signature or your username. A LOT of people see this and your posting this information basically forever.
Gonna do pressure test before replacing female qds
Just out of curiosity, has anyone been messing around with your 'Rate of Drop' control knob? Mine got turned accidentally and it wouldn't allow my pto to go down. First thing I'd look at.
3pt goes down good ,loader bucket goes down ,bucket dump ok,,3pt- bucket up and curl back slow to none

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Steering good,loader still slow up and curl back,dip stick and sight glass oil checked ok,3pt only up a very little with snowblower on,haven't changed female qds yet,gonna pressure test, This all started when I was spreading two quad axles of road gravel out it was working great till half way through the second load of gravel when I went back for another bucket full and it wouldn't lift it

·
Registered
21,565 Posts
Steering good,loader still slow up and curl back,dip stick and sight glass oil checked ok,3pt only up a very little with snowblower on,haven't changed female qds yet,gonna pressure test, This all started when I was spreading two quad axles of road gravel out it was working great till half way through the second load of gravel when I went back for another bucket full and it wouldn't lift it
I had a coupler go bad in the same instance. Was doing a lot of loader for for 3-4 hours when my loader lift suddenly got very slow. Called the dealer - he said likely the coupler - replaced and has been fine ever since.

·
Administrator
17,327 Posts
You would NOT be hooking the Power Beyond connection to the snowblower chute...that would not work since there is no valve to control the power beyond circuit, it flows all the time the engine is running.

( I haven't read this thread since I've been traveling, but I needed to correct that)

Can you post some pictures please?

·
Premium Member
12,608 Posts
Got filter and oil from John deere dealer,
Kenny beat me to the power beyond point.
But buying oil and filters at the dealer doesn't mean you got the correct filter, don't think this is the problem, just wanted you to be aware. Always know your part #'s for the filters for your tractor and double check when you purchase, I was given a hydro filter for our 2555 when I picked up the filters for my 2025 last spring, just an honest mistake but it does happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts