Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I just picked up a Hydro 175 from craigslist for $50 that wasn't running and had been sitting for years.

I spent a few hours cleaning her up - installed the wiring harness and relay kit Am107421, replaced the battery and cleaned the carb out, changed oil and filter, air filter and ignition switch.
Fired her up today and she runs great - mowed the lawn today after some minor repairs to the deck.

I have a few questions though, hopefully someone here could share some knowledge.

Are both rear wheels drive wheels or will it transfer power to the tire with the least traction.

Also will LA175 steering components fit into a hydro 175?

does anyone know the valve lash specs?

Does anyone know what this bracket is for in the picture below

20180426_211812.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,852 Posts
Hi All

I just picked up a Hydro 175 from craigslist for $50 that wasn't running and had been sitting for years.

I spent a few hours cleaning her up - installed the wiring harness and relay kit Am107421, replaced the battery and cleaned the carb out, changed oil and filter, air filter and ignition switch.
Fired her up today and she runs great - mowed the lawn today after some minor repairs to the deck.

I have a few questions though, hopefully someone here could share some knowledge.

Are both rear wheels drive wheels or will it transfer power to the tire with the least traction.

Also will LA175 steering components fit into a hydro 175?

Does anyone know what this bracket is for in the picture below

View attachment 601538
Which mower deck is on it?

It looks like it could be part of the brackets for mounting a deck blower for the grass collection, but I tried to look them up and there are several decks and different blowers shown in the parts configurations. The way the hole in the bracket is rounded out, I would say something heavy that rotates on the mounting pin, which is why it make me think of deck mounted leaf ' grass collection system........

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
Correct, only one wheel will drive at any given moment. I had a 175 Hydro for 25 years. I bought it new and it was still running great when I sold it.

Intake: 0.15 mm
Exhaust: 0.15mm

The engine is a Kawasaki FC420V. The owners manual and service data is available for download on the Kawasaki website.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which mower deck is on it?

It looks like it could be part of the brackets for mounting a deck blower for the grass collection, but I tried to look them up and there are several decks and different blowers shown in the parts configurations. The way the hole in the bracket is rounded out, I would say something heavy that rotates on the mounting pin, which is why it make me think of deck mounted leaf ' grass collection system........

It's a 38" deck with two blades

Correct, only one wheel will drive at any given moment. I had a 175 Hydro for 25 years. I bought it new and it was still running great when I sold it.

Intake: 0.15 mm
Exhaust: 0.15mm

The engine is a Kawasaki FC420V. The owners manual and service data is available for download on the Kawasaki website.
Thanks for all the info you guys rock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts