Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my payback for clearing out all the neighbors is a leaking boom lift (head end vs rod end) hose. P/N AW29374 I've ordered through AHW per my usual but given covid may not see for a while. I can call my dealer but not good luck with them... Since it has JD fittings it wont be industrial standard (please tell me if im wrong!!). Best I could do is swap this 9.52x350 mm hose for its twin (loader uses 6 of these) bucket hose at head end (which extends bucket cylinder, dumps bucket). At least boom will stay up. Hose will leak when sister cylinder dumps bucket (gravity will do the dumping) and will bleed 'waste' oil when bucket retracted by rod hoses. But, best option for now? Your thoughts please. (Oh, besides what toad doesn't have a spare hose??):rolleyes:

·
Administrator
22,378 Posts
Yes, a local hose shop will have zero issue making you one. JD doesn’t have their own proprietary hydraulic fittings as a whole.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,806 Posts
Many John Deere dealers make the hoses in house and its often very fast. Also, have gotten them at the local hydraulics shop down the road. Just take yours with you and it shouldn't be a problem. Tractor Supply and similar stores also stock hose in standard lengths and fittings so you shouldn't have to wait long or at all to get the new hose.

Did the hose wear or what's causing the leak? We always like pictures......

Also just FYI, that same hose is used on 43 different applications from the 100 series up to the 400 series loaders, so that part number is widely used and should be readily available.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
353 Posts
Also NAPA and probably other auto parts stores.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS ALL. I just get cautious cause when I lost a steering hose (which was my bad), found out that's a JD only fitting (according to everyone I went to) . This hose wore, looks like when they installed it it wasn't clocked the best and I didn't notice. Unfortunately the wound is right by the ferrule—cause I have known hardy people who fixed a leak mid-hose like resection and anastomosis: cut the hose, install a long stout metal hose coupler, use a pair of the most God-awful hose clamps so it (hopefully) doesn't blow apart. Not a great idea but in those 'hold my beer" moments...
Tomorrow I'll call the local dealer, if no stock/no make I'll try an industrial. Our local TCS more of a pet store than a farm store so...

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have had one on each side of the bucket top end curl cylinders start leaking (2 of the 6 identical hoses).. H130 loader.. I was lucky to get JD replacement hoses and O rings, unless you consider the price of OEM parts as lucky.. One hose squirted from a pin hole in the flexible part, the other from under the ferral on one end..

Keeping in mind, if I needed to, I would take an old hose to the local auto, farm store that does custom hoses and see it they could make a hose with the ends of the old hose.. Like said being flat face, O ring seal if they could attach hose to the end fittings...

Anyone done that..?? Got a custom made hose with existing end pieces... ??

·
Super Moderator
4,061 Posts
Got a custom made hose with existing end pieces... ??
I'm not sure that's possible, with the originals being crimped on. I don't believe you can disassemble and reuse them.

·
Administrator
22,935 Posts
There is no way you are reusing a crimped hose end!

·
Registered
892 Posts
There is no way you are reusing a crimped hose end!
--- ---
Admittedly, I have never tried to salvage hose ends of any kind... However.. I would have to look it over again, but was wondering just how hard it would be to saw, grind the crimped cap off from arount the end of the hose at the connectors... In a no other option type situation I would work on that some..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.