Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2005 3320
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening.

I have a new to me 3320 HST that has developed a leak under the middle of the tractor. I will add a couple pictures of where i think it is coming from. Anyone had this issue before? Thoughts? Thank you for any and all help.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Is that the mid pto shaft??

Is there grass wrapped around it?

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Soo

New to you.

How many hours on this machine?

You bought new or used?

What year is it?

Any clue if you have Warrenty left on this tractor?

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Start by looking up Higher...Under seat ? Is this a Cabbed tractor or Open Station?

Hydro oil travels everywhere........You got to clean it off ... Brake Clean works...Sometimes it takes the paint off.

My mid mount pto leaks...different unit than yours....Some seals pop out the front ( mine don't) and are an easy change.

Look close and see if grass is wrapped around shaft...but look for leaks Up above that area.

Clean it...park it.....put cardboard under it....Diagnose before you chase your tail if that makes sense.

·
Registered
220 Posts
That isn't the mid PTO shaft in the pictures, it looks like the 4wd shaft that goes from rear to front.

Reactions: Belair.jim

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
It LOOKS like it’s leaking around the shaft, maybe the seal. I capitalized looks because the shaft might be flinging it around.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The seal looks like no big deal to replace. Pull driveshaft off. Screw a screw into the seal making sure you don't gouge the shaft or outer housing and that will give a place to pull it out with. The slide the new seal on and get appropriate size pipe or pvc to tap it into place.

Reactions: Belair.jim

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,802 Posts
Looks to me like the leak is INCLUDING the seal area, but it's awful wet above and wide of the seal, as well..........

Moose3535, does it leave a puddle on the floor, or drops when you use the machine and then park it? I would suggest sliding a piece of cardboard under the machine and seeing how much is actually dripping off the case while its parked after use.

Also, that looks like the hydro pump drive shaft and the pump, in other words, the shaft is spinning when the engine is running to power the hydro pump. The hydro pump shaft seal kit is part number LVA11876 and sells for $142.79.

There is also a gasket between the pump assembly the the rear case. These gaskets often leak as well. That would explain the leak being higher on the housing.

Here is the part book page for the seal and gasket.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I made this from an old pair of vise-grips. Works great for pulling seals, keys, and other tight/"stuck" items! Bob

·
Registered
2005 3320
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks to me like the leak is INCLUDING the seal area, but it's awful wet above and wide of the seal, as well..........

Moose3535, does it leave a puddle on the floor, or drops when you use the machine and then park it? I would suggest sliding a piece of cardboard under the machine and seeing how much is actually dripping off the case while its parked after use.

Also, that looks like the hydro pump drive shaft and the pump, in other words, the shaft is spinning when the engine is running to power the hydro pump. The hydro pump shaft seal kit is part number LVA11876 and sells for $142.79.

There is also a gasket between the pump assembly the the rear case. These gaskets often leak as well. That would explain the leak being higher on the housing.

That shaft is connected to my front dif, spin the shaft, front wheels turn.

·
Registered
2005 3320
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

It drips a bunch of fluid, coming out at a pretty steady rate after i use the tractor.

·
Registered
42 Posts
To get a better idea of the leak source, you might want to try and clean the area then leave it parked. Running the tractor at speed only seems to throw the fluid and make it more difficult to pinpoint the leak. That seal is submerged in fluid so if it's leaking as bad as it looks, it should leak while at rest.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.