Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at getting my dead chipper back up and working. Due tot he speed of the motor that ran it, my 540 PTO would be plow. I also have 780rpm pto and I think that might be closer, but still slow.

SO... For ease of working with it and such, is there a hydro powered motor I could use? :flag_of_truce:

·
Administrator
21,063 Posts
Do you know what the GPM specs of your machine are? I don't have time to look it up now...

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hydraulics
TypeOpen Center

Pump Rated Output, gpm (L/min.) 17.1 (64.6)
Steering 5.1 (19.3)
Implement 12 (45.3)

Pump TypeDual gear

Maximum Operating Pressure (PSI) 2500

·
Administrator
21,063 Posts
OK, some food for thought...

Using these Calculators: http://www.baumhydraulics.com/pages.php?pageid=4

At 12 GPM, and 2500 PSI, you can expect about 11.4 horsepower. Now you need to find a motor.

I just did a bunch of calculations, and reaching 3600 RPM will not work...you will have to gear the drive up to work properly.

For what you would end up paying...you could get 2 Chonda engines from Horrible Fright.

·
Registered
733 Posts
For what you would end up paying...you could get 2 Chonda engines from Horrible Fright.
I agree totaly....Only suggestion I have, is rather then HF, I've been buying Chonda's from Amazon....

I'd still use the PTO, but use a couple pulley's (Sheaves) and belts.....for 50.00 you'd have something workable....

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see for 129 I can get a 6.5 hp motor. Seems like it would be the cheapest option out there.

I was hoping that some hydro motor would be resonable as I would like to learn more about the subject.

Thanks for the link Kenny! I will play around there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.