Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I'm 60, I always thought I would try to stay hip and be into whatever new thing that came on the "scene."
But now I have to admit, I'm just an old fuddy duddy.

The reason: Amazon just paid $1B for an internet company that runs a web site where people WATCH other people playing video games.

WTF! I never really got the video game thing. But WATCHING other people you don't even know play online video games--how boring can your life be. I'd rather watch the grass grow. I'd rather throw up a six pack of beer. I'd rather sand my callouses down. Anything.

What really convinced me I was an old fuddy duddy was that I DON'T EVEN WANT TO TRY AND UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS IS ABOUT!

This was the last thing left before I officially turned into my father.

·
Super Moderator
5,102 Posts
Psssst! GET OFF MY LAWN! :lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm younger at half your age and i don't get it either so you may be an old fuddy dutty but your not alone on your thinking!

·
Registered
144 Posts
although you did reference what was hip as the "scene" so you dated yourself there...:laugh:

·
Registered
284 Posts
.................... I'd rather sand my callouses down.........

This was the last thing left before I officially turned into my father.
Your two best lines IMO.:laugh: You made me laugh because I've never been into video games either. I know several youngsters that seem to spend all of their waking hours playing video games and I think "how boring". I do think they have a place in eye/hand coordination training. Some of our best military pilots may have been into the games and for that I think they may have worth. :good2:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
As I aged I felt compelled to leave the dumb $#!* of yesteryear behind. It worked well for me. Today I pity those that don't see the dumb $#!* they are doing as totally dumb $#!* which it totally is.

Standing proud of my codgery in total geezer-ness!:laugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts