Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My large sprayer is great for most things, but I am looking for something smaller that I can spray the flower bed and landscaping with. I also assume this would be my go to sprayer for insecticides and other things where I would not use large quantities.

I really have not done the research yet, but I did run across the Stihl SG 20 Manual Backpack Sprayer. SG 20 Manual Backpack Sprayer - Professional Use Backpack Blower | STIHL

It looks like its a nice built simple unit that would always work. I first thought I wanted battery operated, but then if the battery is dead, or dies half way through, your screwed.

What are you guys using for smaller sprayers?

·
Administrator
20,730 Posts
I have the Stihl backpack model. I highly recommend it. It's comfortable, easy to use and clean, and way better than those one gallon hand bomb sprayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have had the SG20 for a few years and it works great. Only thing you might need to do is mark your tank level in gallons as mine is in liters and most chemicals I use in it need to be mixed as oz to gallons.

otherwise, its great, wife uses it too, rise out after each use and it will last a very long time.

·
Administrator
20,730 Posts
Mine is marked in gallons as well as liters. :thumbup1gif: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338417010.597480.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I use the generic pump sprayers to kill weeks around the parking lot. Works good for what we need...:unknown:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
dangit......I have got to quit coming on here and reading.....now I need me a stihl sprayer,where as 5 minutes ago I was quite content with what I had.:unknown:

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use the generic pump sprayers to kill weeks around the parking lot. Works good for what we need...:unknown:
I have one that is 20 plus years old that just decided not to work, so I am looking.

dangit......I have got to quit coming on here and reading.....now I need me a stihl sprayer,where as 5 minutes ago I was quite content with what I had.:unknown:
I know, this site cost me a lot of money! But its fun:good2:

·
Registered
280 Posts
i have a sg20, it is a great sprayer, have never had an ounce of trouble with it. it is the best sprayer i have ever owned

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Walked into a stihl dealer that i normally do not deal with to get some onion plants and other garden items. I ended up walking out with the backpack sprayer. :) Not a bad deal at $109.99. I look forward for the wind to die down so I can try it out. This one has gallons and liters marked on the side.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,730 Posts
Mine is the same way Brian. When you put it on you'll see they follow the contours over and around your shoulder very nicely. You should stop waxing it and try it on.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol. I had it on and it fit well. I was just looking at it while talking to some friends and it looked like the straps were on the wrong side. Thanks for the confirmation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts