Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this frame in 2014 when I bought my 1025R, this spring i bought a 2032R. I use my forks alot, this summer I widened a road up north, removing trees.

I am guessing that the additional weight / power of my 2032R did the damage since I really didn't change how I used them. I am wondering if the new heavy duty version frames would hold up better or do I have to change the way I use them.

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
So I bought this frame in 2014 when I bought my 1025R, this spring i bought a 2032R. I use my forks alot, this summer I widened a road up north, removing trees.

I am guessing that the additional weight / power of my 2032R did the damage since I really didn't change how I used them. I am wondering if the new heavy duty version frames would hold up better or do I have to change the way I use them.
The HD one will hold up better. Those applications are for the 1025r and not much bigger tractor. A guy could beef it up and it would be fine on the 2032R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
I'm surprised to see that. Especially HOW they bent. The H130 loader on the 2032R isn't really all that much more powerful than the H120 on the 1025R. IMO, they should have held up.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What exactly where you doing when they failed? From the way the sides are buckled it look like you were pushing down on something?
the area had a bad wind storm come though a few years ago. We had trees blown over across the road, my family cut them off to clear the road and left the root with about 2-3ft of trunk attached. When I widened the road I had to get them out, the rain had filled dirt back in around the trees so I used the forks to break the roots and then attached a 6' strap to the tree and pushed and pulled like removing a tooth.. I believe this is what did the damage, I had done this with my 1025R in the past but I think the weight and power of the 2032R was to much for the frame support.

I was pure abuse of the frame, I have been more that happy with my forks, they are my most important attachment for most projects.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I thought I was hard on equipment. If you plan to do more work like that I would consider a grapple. It is much better at doing the sort of stuff you are describing. That or maybe a BH.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I thought the frames were indestructible, even on a 3 series machine... Guess not!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
the area had a bad wind storm come though a few years ago. We had trees blown over across the road, my family cut them off to clear the road and left the root with about 2-3ft of trunk attached. When I widened the road I had to get them out, the rain had filled dirt back in around the trees so I used the forks to break the roots and then attached a 6' strap to the tree and pushed and pulled like removing a tooth.. I believe this is what did the damage, I had done this with my 1025R in the past but I think the weight and power of the 2032R was to much for the frame support.

I was pure abuse of the frame, I have been more that happy with my forks, they are my most important attachment for most projects.
Did the strap lay across the the bent vertical supports while you pushed?
Cause that's what it looks like.
That's the effect of someone sitting in a sturdy thin spindle legged chair and hitting one of the legs with a baseball bat.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I would take it to a welding shop. They can straighten it out. Then reinforce the frame enough that a 4 series tractor couldn't bend it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,509 Posts

I agree. Heck I would not have done that with the bucket on.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I cringe when I see picts and videos digging out rocks, roots etc point loading the forks and frames.

This would never happen with a distributed load over the full length of the forks and full width of the frame.

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
When I widened the road I had to get them out, the rain had filled dirt back in around the trees so I used the forks to break the roots and then attached a 6' strap to the tree and pushed and pulled like removing a tooth.. I believe this is what did the damage, I had done this with my 1025R in the past but I think the weight and power of the 2032R was to much for the frame support.

Were those straps attached to the frame where the the frame bent? That would kinda explain things. That isn't intended to be an attachment point for things like that. Those cut-outs in the webbing are only there to lighten the frame. I doubt the webbing on the heavy duty frame is significantly stronger.

If I were to do tugging like that I'd use the swinging drawbar on the back of the machine as my attachment point.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Were those straps attached to the frame where the the frame bent? That would kinda explain things. That isn't intended to be an attachment point for things like that. Those cut-outs in the webbing are only there to lighten the frame. I doubt the webbing on the heavy duty frame is significantly stronger.

If I were to do tugging like that I'd use the swinging drawbar on the back of the machine as my attachment point.
no the strap was on the top corner hook, I think it was from ramming the tree with the frame, thinking of it now I should of slid the fork out to the end, that way the tree would have contacted the fork vs the frame.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm surprised to see that. Especially HOW they bent. The H130 loader on the 2032R isn't really all that much more powerful than the H120 on the 1025R. IMO, they should have held up.
When we sold our 2305 we moved the 200CX loader from it onto the 2720. Same loader but way different performance on the 2 series! The 2 series tractors have more weight and more hydraulic capacity than the 1 series.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had plans to purchase a set of forks for my 3720. Now it looks like I am going to keep rubbing my nickels together till I save enough for a good set. I just know with the power this tractor can produce I will bend a cheaper set.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I had plans to purchase a set of forks for my 3720. Now it looks like I am going to keep rubbing my nickels together till I save enough for a good set. I just know with the power this tractor can produce I will bend a cheaper set.
Artillians sets are actually stronger than the factory models and lighter to boot. You would be hard pressed to find a better, stronger fork frame for the money.

If your seriously concerned about durability and strength get Artillians HD frame.

Also, please go back and re-read the OP's responses to some of the questions in the thread, he admits the damage was caused by ABUSE and MISUSE of the frame, NOT the fault of or weak or poorly designed or constructed materials.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
What brand forks does the OP have? Didn't see that in the posts.

OP didn't specify the frame, but his signature states 2 lengths of Artillians forks, the frame looked like Artillian to me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts