Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a few years, I have been test driving mowers and was impressed with the AWS Deere mowers. I bought a x744 with 320 hours on it this summer and the wife loves it. She sure is quick getting her work clothes on quick when it is mowing day! So, my dad has a long driveway but the area in front of the garage warrants a very maneuverable plow so I suggested a x749 that was for sale. It had 300 hours on it and came with a plow and 6 rear weights. He can be difficult to please so I hope he is happy with the Deere. Do they make a light weight enclosure for snow blowing/plowing that isn't a full cab? At least my mom had fun mowing with it.

Thank you for any input. :thumbup1gif:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,219 Posts
There are a few out there Original Tractor cab being one of them. etcallhome, a member on here has one. There are a couple threads on here you can look up and see if any match what you are looking for.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
For a few years, I have been test driving mowers and was impressed with the AWS Deere mowers. I bought a x744 with 320 hours on it this summer and the wife loves it. She sure is quick getting her work clothes on quick when it is mowing day! So, my dad has a long driveway but the area in front of the garage warrants a very maneuverable plow so I suggested a x749 that was for sale. It had 300 hours on it and came with a plow and 6 rear weights. He can be difficult to please so I hope he is happy with the Deere. Do they make a light weight enclosure for snow blowing/plowing that isn't a full cab? At least my mom had fun mowing with it.

Check out Femco. Femco - Weather Protection

I think they are out of Kansas and they make what I call "Weather enclosures". I know this is one of the companies Deere dealers order from. For the newer tractors like yours and your fathers, you may need to get a price from the dealer. Some of the FEMCO items can be ordered directly from them while other items have to be purchased through the dealer network.

This is just one of several OEM's making enclosures out there.

Also, there are two or three different ones frequently being sold on Ebay, for what it is worth.....

·
Premium Member
14,411 Posts

Just reading this post, yes I've had Original Cabs for the past guessing 10 + yrs. from a jd425 to the series 1 . By far not the high price model , but good enough to keep the air off you while outside playing , plowing snow. I've always bought the windshield and have always had a electric wiper . If you're not blowing snow 95% of the time you could do without the wiper.. For a little heat I bought a golf cart type heater and made a bracket that attached it to the front corner of the cab near the windshield .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts