·
Registered
274 Posts
No, I just bought a 5090.

Reactions: cc1999

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Yea, that SCV setup sounds confusing. I have 3 rears and 3 fronts. One of the best things I like about the FEL is the "One Touch" single hookup for the hydaulics.
Well technically I have 3 SCV's up front, and 5 SCV's out back. The 3rd SCV just splits work between the front and back by switching hoses. Something I'm looking to change.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mine is definitely a Befco.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Mine is definitely a Befco.
Get the kit from German-Bliss in the mid-west, way cheaper, quick shipping. They are a Befco dealer. I use them all the time. Give them your Frontier serial/vin #, and they will get you a digital copy of the parts manual. At least they did for me.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #126 (Edited)
Open station? 4720 or 4066?
I was wondering the same thing.
I was told I was maxed out on my 4066R when we set it up with 3 front and 2 rear.
I really need a 6th on the rear to save unhooking the top link every time I want to hook up the batwing mower.
It's not like I need a power top link when I am pulling the batwing with the draw bar, just get tired of unhooking and wrapping and tying up the lines all the time.

I take it from your earlier post, that the 4720 does not have a 3rd function option for the front, that you need some sort of front hose or relocation kit to run lines from the rear to the front. The 4066R only has the 4th and 5th on the rear, the 3rd is up front beside the 1 and 2 for the loader. There is also a line kit running down the inside of the loader arm with two female ports to pug in my attachments like the grapples etc. Wasn't rear sure what to expect could be done with the 4720.

edit : 5 series 5090, that explains the extra scvs available.

·
Administrator
19,014 Posts
OEM 5 on back, OEM 2 on front. Total of 7 OEM SCV, before any "splitting"

I at some point I would like to see if Kenny's 3 series extra SCV kit would work on our 4720's rear 3rd SCV. Sure looks like it would work on a 4720 cab. It will be tight, and has 1/4" or 3/8" couplers, not sure, haven't got back to that project yet.

I'm just tired of un-hooking the 3rd SCV's hoses that go to the front so I can use The 3rd out back. If you set up the new 4 series right all you have to do is push a button to switch between activation from front to rear.

Your 4720 already has Auto Throttle. It came standard on the 4720 iirc. Should have a switch on lower right of steering column.

Allen.
Never heard of this electric switch option from JD, do you have a kit number? I’m sure it could be done with aftermarket parts but it would be a bit clumsy looking.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had a "clumsy" kit on my 5310 when I bought my grapple but it worked perfectly.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Never heard of this electric switch option from JD, do you have a kit number? I’m sure it could be done with aftermarket parts but it would be a bit clumsy looking.
Sorry Kenny, I don't. I saw it at my local dealer. It was OEM, they set it up for another one of there customers. I never got into the part #'s for the 4066,as I had just bought my 4720 the year before. I did ask a lot of questions back then about the SCV's on the 4066, even took notes about what was available. That was in mid 2014, a lot could have changed from then, but I am sure about being able to divert the 3rd from using out back to using up front by just pushing a switch. I did it and promptly asked if I could put it on my 4720, and I could not. It was only available for the new 14 and up 4 series cabs. Never dug into it.

Allen.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I was wondering the same thing.
I was told I was maxed out on my 4066R when we set it up with 3 front and 2 rear.
I really need a 6th on the rear to save unhooking the top link every time I want to hook up the batwing mower.
It's not like I need a power top link when I am pulling the batwing with the draw bar, just get tired of unhooking and wrapping and tying up the lines all the time.

I take it from your earlier post, that the 4720 does not have a 3rd function option for the front, that you need some sort of front hose or relocation kit to run lines from the rear to the front. The 4066R only has the 4th and 5th on the rear, the 3rd is up front beside the 1 and 2 for the loader. There is also a line kit running down the inside of the loader arm with two female ports to pug in my attachments like the grapples etc. Wasn't rear sure what to expect could be done with the 4720.

edit : 5 series 5090, that explains the extra scvs available.
I would check with your dealer again. I know for sure back in 2014 you could get the 5 SCV's out back.

Yes I do have a 3rd up front, it just starts at the back of the tractor, and I do have OEM hard lines for a grapple on my H180 MSL loader

Allen.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I sure cant find that auto throttle button.
I snapped some pics of my interior and switches. Not seeing an auto throttle switch.
I am thinking it was an option in 2012. It is standard now on the 4066R.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
I sure cant find that auto throttle button.
I snapped some pics of my interior and switches. Not seeing an auto throttle switch.
I am thinking it was an option in 2012. It is standard now on the 4066R.
View attachment 754957 View attachment 754958 View attachment 754959 View attachment 754960
View attachment 754961 View attachment 754962
Here is a pic of the 4720 cab interior operator controls. eThrottle is "T" in the pic. Left hand button in the row just ahead of the PTO knob. I never turn eThrottle off on my 4066R. I only use the hand throttle to set min RPM's such as when mowing.

Dave

4720a.jpg

4720b.jpg

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
As it shows in my interior pics, two of those switch positions are blank.
What is in that exact spot is the on switch for the loader joystick thumb control of the 3rd scv.
The notes on the book pics state not all options may be installed on your tractor.
I am pretty sure my 4720 does not have auto throttle on it, at least not yet.

I agree 100%, I really like auto throttle and have it turned on all the time on my 4066R and 4044R. As I did on my 3039R.
Anything that had it, I used it all the time.
That's why I am really wanting to get it added to this 4720.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I swore I looked all over for it. I will double check that.
It was this video where I got my info on where everything was and what it did . Its poor video quality but very informative. His switches are laid out different then mine and sounds like different from yours as well.
I have the min max speed, the roll out control switch and the cruise control switch.
I don't think I have the auto throttle .

Seen in this video I post a link to yesterday. You can see in this guys cab his loader 3rd function control switch is up on the far right and my side panel switches in mine are down in front of his PTO knob, and auto throttle is to the right of the rear wiper washer switch. I don't have that auto throttle switch in my cab unless it is hidden really well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
What does auto throttle do for you?

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
What does auto throttle do for you?
Auto throttle, properly called eThrottle, allows you to tie the hydro and the engine together, so to speak. With eThrottle turned on, as you push on the hydro pedal, the engine RPM also increases, making it drive like a car. Full forward on the hydro pedal causes full throttle on the engine. I never turn it off. The only time I use the hand throttle is when I need minimum RPM's such as mowing, but I do not turn off eThrottle.

Dave

·
Registered
274 Posts
Get the kit from German-Bliss in the mid-west, way cheaper, quick shipping. They are a Befco dealer. I use them all the time. Give them your Frontier serial/vin #, and they will get you a digital copy of the parts manual. At least they did for me.
I called German-Bliss. 10 minutes of my time I will never get back. I guess you have to get the right sales or parts guy/girl. I got neither. I will check on the green price.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I called German-Bliss. 10 minutes of my time I will never get back. I guess you have to get the right sales or parts guy/girl. I got neither. I will check on the green price.
Wow! I'm sorry! I've had nothing but fantastic service from them. Last time I got anything from them was 2 years ago though.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Not your fault. The sales guy I spoke with didn't even know that Befco made mowers for Frontier.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Not your fault. The sales guy I spoke with didn't even know that Befco made mowers for Frontier.
I went on their site, and looked in my parts manual, and can't find the "kit" number. Pretty sure I got it from them.

Looks like they may have changed it from mine(above link), looks like a better set up.

Can't find a part #, Here is the main page for the mower, but the Options button isn't working,but there is a dealer locator.

Hope this helps!! Allen.

121 - 140 of 180 Posts