Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Sure looks like water got in somehow. I would make sure the dipstick did not get popped up, loose or missing. :dunno: By the way, those are not tractor working on shoes.:laugh:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL could have possibly gotten water from previous owner, prob why he sold it LOL. That's my dad, some farm hand huh??? He works cows in them too :dunno:

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
The pretty colors you see indicate to me that you have a "bloom". This happens when you get some bacteria in the system and it finds an environment suitable to it for growth. Years ago I was the quality manager for a business making semiconductor test systems. (They tested stuff like flash memory cards.) These systems ran extremely fast and generated lots of heat. They had elaborate plumbing systems to run coolant through the heat sinks on the electronic components in the system. As the coolant would run through these systems, the temperature of the coolant would get warmer and warmer until it was run through a heat exchanger that would remove the heat from it and then send it back through the cooling system. The temperature gradient in the cooling system was a major problem. Just about any bacteria could find its ideal temperature to start growing and we'd get a bloom. The growth is pretty amazing. It could eventually clog the cooling system and the heat would damage the system. In one case we actually had a fire.

The source of the bacteria in these systems was from the hands of people connecting the plumbing in the products. (Assemblers were taking short cuts and not wearing required gloves.) I saw many photos of the blooms. The colors and formations were spectacular, but not all that appreciated given their impact on our business. We began adding bactericide to the coolant in the systems.

I don't know if they make bactericide for hydraulic systems, but it looks like you may need some. There are probably temperature gradients in the hydraulic system as well, meaning that somewhere the temperature is just right to support growth. I don't think just replacing the hydraulic fluid will get rid of the bacteria (if this is the problem).

·
Registered
588 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts