Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a backhoe for my 2017 1025r and I think I found one with some help from people on here.

My question is how do I know if the unit will fit on my tractor? Someone said I needed a sub frame and not sure what that entails.

When I got my 1025 I had them install the power beyond so that part is done so I was hoping I can buy the bh260b and it will slide on just like it came with the unit

IS this unrealistic or too good to be true...….

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
There are indeed large metal plates that need to be mounted on the tractor frame which provide the mounting points for the backhoe.
On some occasions I would guess when people say they had a backhoe to sell they may include this frame.
I know on my generation of 1025 that a toolbox relocation, warning lamp move and a swivel seat need to be installed.
I'm not sure about the 260B as I think it comes with its own seat mounted to the backhoe.
If the price is good maybe you could get the rest of the parts from Deere?
Very interesting attachment to use, I love having one around.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has a seat with it

There are indeed large metal plates that need to be mounted on the tractor frame which provide the mounting points for the backhoe.
On some occasions I would guess when people say they had a backhoe to sell they may include this frame.
I know on my generation of 1025 that a toolbox relocation, warning lamp move and a swivel seat need to be installed.
I'm not sure about the 260B as I think it comes with its own seat mounted to the backhoe.
If the price is good maybe you could get the rest of the parts from Deere?
Very interesting attachment to use, I love having one around.
The seat is part of it so I will have to check on the frame parts from the guy selling it. He has a 1025 also. thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
The couple of used backhoes I’ve seen do not include sub frame or seat or PB. Luckily you have the later. Deere wants 1400 for subframe but don’t show any in stock when my dealer looked a month ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
The sub-frame changed from the 260 to the 260B. The 260 sub-frame extended along the outside of the frame rails and attached to the loader mounts. The 260B does not. Check the breakdowns on JD parts to be sure you get all the components with it. I don't know if the actual tractor frame changed in 2018.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great information saved me from making an expensive mistake..

The sub-frame changed from the 260 to the 260B. The 260 sub-frame extended along the outside of the frame rails and attached to the loader mounts. The 260B does not. Check the breakdowns on JD parts to be sure you get all the components with it. I don't know if the actual tractor frame changed in 2018.

With all the suggestions I did the research as advised. Yes you need a sub frame but I was ready to buy the frame and the bh260b until I looked into a few more suggestions.

The bottom line is the unit I was looking at was almost new and a good price but my tractor was manufactured in May 2017 and the change to the frame and new bh260B took place in July. This means the unit wouldn't fit on my tractor!:lol:

But because of the great people on here I didn't waste any money and get something I couldn't use..(because I so wanted it to work :hide:

I almost looked the other way and glad I didn't. Its still a great bh260b but even if free I couldn't use it, oh well... might have to break down and just order one from my dealer.....:gizmo:

Thanks again for being there for us who don't know a lot about tractors but trying to learn :greentractorride:

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
It mayber less money to sell/trade your existing 1025R and purchase a new FTLB rather than field install the backhoe---especially if you're not doing the install yourself.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It mayber less money to sell/trade your existing 1025R and purchase a new FTLB rather than field install the backhoe---especially if you're not doing the install yourself.
I’m wondering that. Going to be checking soon. I was told 6400 plus tax. At this point I still owe 10500 on my machine. Cheapest I see tlb going for is 20 even. So I have little faith in that. I’m curious about just buying a used TLB and doing a hot swap of all parts then trading in on a zero turn or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Based on what I see used 1025Rs going for on Craig's List around here, I'm thinking you'd at least break even, depending on hours, year, etc.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Maybe the guy with the backhoe would consider trading tractors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts