Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I loved my '98 GMC K2500 pickup. It was perfect. I purchased used with 35,000 miles and two years old. Took me 15 years to get another 40,000 miles on it. I let it go last spring to my step son who has wanted it pretty much the day I bought it.

I love trucks but to be honest, I was getting bored with them. I never really use a truck for a truck. Just a way to haul me around when I could not ride the Harley. Having a company truck and being on call 24/7 365, that is what I drive mostly anyway.

For about 4 years now, I decided a van is what I want. I guess driving one daily for the last 20 years made me like them. I was about to give up on my dream when I stumbled across the rare gem I have been looking for. And believe me, I search the ends of the internet daily.

While it was a annoying 4 1/2 hours away, I purchased this sweet loaded 2012 Chevy G3500 Diesel Passenger van. It has 37,000 one owner miles on it. Extended wheel base with 12 passenger seating. Best of all it is lazer straight black (the way God intended vehicles to be- I really should have been a mortician). It also while having nearly every option available in '12, the owner selected carpet delete so it has the rubber floor covering which is perfect for me. It also was ordered without the sliding side door which I hate. It was as if I ordered it for myself.

The queen just shakes her head. I do like to be a tad different. I'm also NOT trucking any Amish anywhere, so don't ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Much more character than all of the look alike SUV's and Minivans on the road.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Nice find! It looks sharp. Hopefully the air conditioning works because all that black sheet metal is going to be hot in the summer!

That's how I felt when I stumbled upon my current truck. Someone had checked all of the XL base package option boxes, but also opted for the vinyl seats and rubber floor. While fancy sat-nav systems and heated seats are nice, all I wanted was a truck.

Usually a used vehicle means settling on something because finding a good one which is also spec'd out the exact way you want is, well, like finding a needle in a haystack!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together, Congratulations and Enjoy.:good2:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How long is the wheel base? That looks LONG!
Yes sir, she is long! The wheelbase is 155" with a bumper to bumper length of 244.10". I was hoping to find a short wheelbase van (135"). This intimates the queen enough that maybe she will stay out of it. My pick up was flawless until she took hold of it. Very first thing she did was install a northern Michigan racing strip down the entire length of the truck, from headlight to taillight. She ran it along a downed tree. No need to steer around it, just let the mass do its job. Then took it down a ditch and over a phone pedestal at a yard sale. The list goes on. She has drove other long wheel base vans during test drives so I think she could do it with out running over stuff. :banghead:

Isaac

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aaah come on, your in the right neighborhood and you know you want too. :lolol:
Haha, your right! Every van I looked at the first question out of their mouth was something along those lines involving moving Amish around. So I usually introduced myself to them with that statement. My coworkers wanted to know if I was gonna paint 'free candy' on the sides of it. Brother can't catch a break!:mocking:

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts
I'm also NOT trucking any Amish anywhere, so don't ask.
OK so no Amish...how about the inmate work crews that work litter pickup duty on the state highways? :mocking:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK so no Amish...how about the inmate work crews that work litter pickup duty on the state highways? :mocking:
Haha, now that's funny!

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,543 Posts
Congrats that your persistence finally paid off!:good2:

I'm also NOT trucking any Amish anywhere, so don't ask.
BTW those vehicles are called "yoder toters":mocking:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,762 Posts
Good thing you're up in Michigan, down here it would be a great big oven for baking bread and pies during the summer.
Had a black 1980 El Camino SS, great looking, but in the summer, just damn!:laugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts