Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my forks put on lastnight, wow are those things handy!! I was able to play with them for a little bit, but it was dark and all I can say is, how in the world did i live without them before? I have several big projects planned this weekend for them and will post pictures when the jobs are complete.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Have fun forking around this weekend!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I got my forks put on lastnight, wow are those things handy!! I was able to play with them for a little bit, but it was dark and all I can say is, how in the world did i live without them before? I have several big projects planned this weekend for them and will post pictures when the jobs are complete.
So, when does the new Dyson arrive? I'm sure Chris has your wife well informed that when you get new forks, she gets a new Dyson. They should be sold as a set. Right Gizmo? :empathy:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, when does the new Dyson arrive? I'm sure Chris has your wife well informed that when you get new forks, she gets a new Dyson. They should be sold as a set. Right Gizmo? :empathy:
I tried to get her to buy one, but she says that she loves her Kirby.... (I hate that vacuum cleaner):crazy:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I tried to get her to buy one, but she says that she loves her Kirby.... (I hate that vacuum cleaner):crazy:
Wow kirbys are expensive, she must have gotten it when you got the tractor. :)

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
A Dyson or a Shark! I sure hope Firehawk21 didn't give out his home phone number to Artillian.:lol:

Firehawk21,
I went 20 years without a set of forks for our 650 and the WOW factor was beyond explaining when I got a set in 2008 for the 2320.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put them to work this weekend

Well i was able to find the limit of the loader, but not the forks... I now understand why everyone says that the forks stay on and the bucket is a secondary tool, I LOVE these things!!:thumbup1gif:
This pallet of limestone is just about all it wanted to pickup. I had 1550 lbs on one pallet and it would not even budge it, so i split it into 2 pallets and was able to move them seperatly. Thanks Artillian for a great product, and yes I got the candy with my order (ended up giving that to my wife).:drinks:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Well i was able to find the limit of the loader, but not the forks... I now understand why everyone says that the forks stay on and the bucket is a secondary tool, I LOVE these things!!:thumbup1gif:
This pallet of limestone is just about all it wanted to pickup. I had 1550 lbs on one pallet and it would not even budge it, so i split it into 2 pallets and was able to move them seperatly. Thanks Artillian for a great product, and yes I got the candy with my order (ended up giving that to my wife).:drinks:
That box blade looks HUGE

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That box blade looks HUGE
Old school Model 50 Box Blade. The tractor sure knows that it is back there, but I never worry about lifting the rear end.... I also doubt that the "safety police" can accuse me of not having enough ballast... :yahoo::hide:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Awesome! Which length of fork did you order?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome! Which length of fork did you order?
I got the 36" forks, in some ways i sort of wish i would have gone with the 42" mainly because it would make seeing them a little easier when they are directly in front of the tractor.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I got a set of Deere forks when bought my tractor. They are hands down one of the best things I bought. I use those forks alot. I got myself a bunch of pallets and I store things on them and use the forks to move them around. The forks are handy for doing firewood work as well.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
I got the 36" forks, in some ways i sort of wish i would have gone with the 42" mainly because it would make seeing them a little easier when they are directly in front of the tractor.
Firehawk,

A couple of hopefully helpful thoughts:

1- Clamp an object to your 36" forks to make them 42" long temporarily. Can you see the tips any better?

2- (probably common sense) I find leaning far to the side is the best way to see the tips around the engine cowl.

3- One habit that I find helps in getting the forks level without necessarily seeing the tips is:

Tilt the fork tips down by several inches​
Let the loader float to the ground,​
Still in float, curl the loader till the visible sections of the fork blades rest flat on the ground,​
Then curl them up just a tiny bit.​
Then, enter the pallet slowly.​

4- If you do want to change to 42's, order them and then, at some point, we could drop ship the 36's to someone else (they are on the verge of being sold out for a bit). In the end, your delta cost would only be shipping for the new 42's and some margin for the 36's not being brand spanking new.

If you have any other thoughts, look me up!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Firehawk,

A couple of hopefully helpful thoughts:

1- Clamp an object to your 36" forks to make them 42" long temporarily. Can you see the tips any better?

2- (probably common sense) I find leaning far to the side is the best way to see the tips around the engine cowl.

3- One habit that I find helps in getting the forks level without necessarily seeing the tips is:

Tilt the fork tips down by several inches​
Let the loader float to the ground,​
Still in float, curl the loader till the visible sections of the fork blades rest flat on the ground,​
Then curl them up just a tiny bit.​
Then, enter the pallet slowly.​

4- If you do want to change to 42's, order them and then, at some point, we could drop ship the 36's to someone else (they are on the verge of being sold out for a bit). In the end, your delta cost would only be shipping for the new 42's and some margin for the 36's not being brand spanking new.

If you have any other thoughts, look me up!
Chris, It is not that big of a deal... just one of those looking back things. I have found the leaning to the side approach to be the best one, but I have still found times where I still cannot see them even when i lean out, but again it is no big deal, just a learning curve.:thumbup1gif: I will try the float technique when i get the tractor back from the dealer, they have it to replace the SVC valve and a few other little things I found after delivery.

Regards,
Ezra

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
Firehawk21,
Paint the tips yellow will help to some degree.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts