Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i guess its confession time....

so i was poking around and found an old case orchard tractor....i thought the price was right so i bought it. it seems as though its a Model C Orchard, i am not sure what i am going to do with it, but it was to nice to just be sitting there.

So i guess i have now branched out, expanding my horizons as it were....not sure if the rest of the tractors will play nice with this little red headed step child, but i figured how could a guy go wrong buying an orchard model of any type. i do have a JD 60 Orchard, so one more couldnt hurt anything more than my pride and pocketbook

ill post a few pictures when i get a chance, if anybody is interested in seeing it

So i am ready to take my lumps now HAHA

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
Let's see it! Old iron is cool regardless of color.

You've been holding out on us about your 60 though? :nunu: We need pics right away.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wont hold it against you for the license plate, it does take a lot of effort to take it off haha

ill try to throw some pictures up tomorrow on the little case, the 60 orchard however, its kinda rough, and thats putting it mildly, scrap yard owner always saves tractors out, he called my buddy, who went and got it, then i bought it from him. Its got an all-fuel manifold, with what i can only assume is an aftermarket LP carb on it.

On the Deere LP carbs, i dont know much about them, well, anything really, LP tractors were never common here, but this one has cast marking on it - MARK IV, its different.

the tractor picture is the 60 low seat standard in front and the orchard on the back. neither one with power steering. The carb pic is what i think is an aftermarket LP carb. I wish it was an original orchard lp, but i dont think it is. rare none the less. i have a couple more pics of the orchard but they are to big, ill try to get a couple more tomorrow if there is anything you would like to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
The old Case doesn't look too bad. Is the engine stuck or will it turn? Is that you Chevy pickup in the background?

Don

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt think it looked TO bad...for a case haha its not locked up, so i figured i would gamble a bit and see what this develops into.

My pickup is pulling the gooseneck, the other one is a buddy of mines tahoe, he shelled the rear end out, so he did what any redneck would do, threw in the 4 wheel drive, drove to my place and borrowed one of my pickups till he bought a new/reman 3rd member and stayed away till i got it put in...but he brought beer...so that was fair

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
tlock,

I like it! I was going to say, if it's an old Case it would be a blonde-headed stepchild, not red. :laugh:
Oh, and I HAVE to get a set of those rear octopus tires! I don't know what I'd put them on, but I need to find a tractor that will use them. What they heck was the purpose of that tread????

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that tire is cool aint it!! i think that was one of the turf style, not suppose to cut into the ground like regular bar style tread, so when you turned tight in the vineyards or orchards, you wouldnt tear up the ground, or cut the root system up.

And as i told ghostrider..this little blonde headed step child may look real good at your place as well haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts