Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 1026R finally arrived today. I'm sorry, I waited in the front yard today and looked out the window waiting for Santa Claus. What a beauty as it drove off the trailer. I have a 60" mm deck, 48" box blade and the bucket. The salesman showed me all the controls and demonstrated the bucket removal. The box blade with the quick hitch came off nice. The 60" deck was a bit stubborn on removal. I had the salesman remount the deck and the issues started..... We could not get the deck to remount. They had a mechanic come by in about 2 hrs. This gave me time to play with the bucket.
We could not get the quick connect on the deck to work. The deck had a bolt on the front mounting arm that rubbed through the beautiful green paint.
MM stands for Mickey Mouse on the deck. We loaded it in the mechanics pickup for a trip to the dealer. They said maybe you will have to assist the mounting of the deck by pulling it on. I told them to watch the JD video to understand my requirements on deck mounting and removal! I could buy a Massey if I wanted to struggle with a deck. I hope the deck turns out and they get it straight with JD. I will keep you posted. I put 4 hrs on the unit today. I was happy with the bucket and box blade. I removed some old stumps, pushed about 7 pickup loads of wood and saved lives. Kidding.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Waiting for the 60" auto-connect deck

Well my 1026R finally arrived today. I'm sorry, I waited in the front yard today and looked out the window waiting for Santa Claus. What a beauty as it drove off the trailer. I have a 60" mm deck, 48" box blade and the bucket. The salesman showed me all the controls and demonstrated the bucket removal. The box blade with the quick hitch came off nice. The 60" deck was a bit stubborn on removal. I had the salesman remount the deck and the issues started..... We could not get the deck to remount. They had a mechanic come by in about 2 hrs. This gave me time to play with the bucket.
We could not get the quick connect on the deck to work. The deck had a bolt on the front mounting arm that rubbed through the beautiful green paint.
MM stands for Mickey Mouse on the deck. We loaded it in the mechanics pickup for a trip to the dealer. They said maybe you will have to assist the mounting of the deck by pulling it on. I told them to watch the JD video to understand my requirements on deck mounting and removal! I could buy a Massey if I wanted to struggle with a deck. I hope the deck turns out and they get it straight with JD. I will keep you posted. I put 4 hrs on the unit today. I was happy with the bucket and box blade. I removed some old stumps, pushed about 7 pickup loads of wood and saved lives. Kidding.
Enjoying my 1026R, too... have put about 15-hours on it... on a JD 647 rotary tiller, and disk. Really nice machine.

Not good to here about troubles with the auto-connect mower... mine is due into the dealer any day.. please keep us up-to-date on how the dealer resolves the problem. I am with you: The auto-connecting mower is a selling point for this tractor, so, it best work!

·
Registered
280 Posts
im sure the dealer will figure the whole deck thing out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Waiting also

I ordered the 1026R with a 54" auto connect deck last week. I spoke to my dealer today and he said the deck made it in today and he should have it to me by the middle of next week. I've been using an LA145 riding mower to cut grass for the past year and it can't handle the terrain I have. I hope I don't have any problems with the deck, but I can't wait to use it.

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
Congrats! They will get it figured out...I am sure it's just a setup issue. The dealers are well known for not doing the proper setup and leveling of MMM's. Once it is working properly it should be trouble free.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree with Kenny. It just needs adjustmemt. My 1023 has the 60 quick connect, and it goes on and off beautifully. The only thing that ever hangs up occasionally is the silver locking release by the lift arms underneath (minor).
It cuts beautifully!

Your dealer will get it straight for you, and you will not be disappointed.
Keep us posted on the fix...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1026R Deck

When your deck arrives, let me know how it connects and disconnects. The operators manual pictures and my deck were a little different. Wonder if they are having deck issues.

Enjoying my 1026R, too... have put about 15-hours on it... on a JD 647 rotary tiller, and disk. Really nice machine.

Not good to here about troubles with the auto-connect mower... mine is due into the dealer any day.. please keep us up-to-date on how the dealer resolves the problem. I am with you: The auto-connecting mower is a selling point for this tractor, so, it best work!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great looking tractor. I'm new to the site and have a question. What size of bucket did you get? I can not decide on a 49" or 53".

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bucket size

I got a 53". Don't worry, it will not be too big. It doesn't haul that much volume. It is a small tractor. I pushed some dirt and brush piles last night. The little rascal has some get up and go.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Very nice! Congratulations...:good2:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Loving mine: Notes and Questions

I just got mine on Thursday as an upgrade to a 2305 TLB...

Notes:
- I love the upgraded hydraulics. The loader action is much crisper and more powerful at any throttle setting. I think the new SCV unit probably also contributes to that feeling.
- Backhoe is a little faster at all settings but otherwise runs just about the same. The new H120 loader doesn't seem to go as far down as the 200CX did on the 2305 (probably do to the 200CX being designed to also run on the taller 2520) so you can't elevate the front wheels as fully when planting for backhoe operations, but you can unload the front as you are supposed to.
- I really love the position control (which was the main reason I upgraded). It makes 3pt operation so much easier.
- I'm not sure the 60D is really an upgrade from the 62C for me. On a concrete pad the 60D is tough to maneuver. On the 60C I just put the wheels in "sideways mode" and pulled it out. But once off the tractor the 60D seems harder to haul around, and is heavier. I am also worried that the 60D will make it harder to run with wheel spacers. I was running with all 4 wheels spaced on my 2305 w/ 62C and I am a bit worried I won't be able to space the front fires and still a) run over the deck properly and b) clear the idler wheels (the 62C was just a bit wider).
- I'm very happy with the new tank location. Very easy to fill. The huge opening and fuel gauge location also make it easy to not overfill.
- Deere doesn't make clear in the documentation, and directly mislead the dealer about, the fact that you can't have more than one of the following attached without hacking stuff up: Power Beyond, optional 3rd SCV, and the optional rear hydraulics. All of them use the same be bracket location which is tough because the kits come with metal pipes and that's tough to just "move a bit". Additionally the 3rd SCV and the Power Beyond both attach to same place on the pump and thus conflict (again with metal preformed pipes so it's a little tough to get flexible). I think this is a pretty damning design stupidity, and now I'm going to have to hack up some kind of PB to extra SCVs thing myself.
- On the plus side the rear is laid out better and more open, and the is a nice bar behind the seat that I could attach a removable setup for extra SCVs (that I could clamp/bolt on when I have 3pt gear attached).
- The new seat belts are nice, but they don't swivel with the seat and thus get in the way a bit when they are conveniently pointing upwards and you try and swivel the seat (through them). This means you have to leave them mounted loosely so they hang down, which means you have to fish them up every time you sit down.
- I like the tone and operation of the engine, but not the hydraulics. When the tractor is sitting and running there is a whine to the hydraulics. Something in the return of the fluid at pressure seems to be causing it because it lessens or goes temporarily away when you activate some control or another and then returns. The dealer had 2 1026s and 2 1023s and they all seem to do it so they think it's normal. Things will be a bit louder with the pump being more open to the world, but the whine gets annoying.

Questions:
- What is the best way to deal with the less mobile 60D?
- Any ideas on the hydraulics whine?

Thanks,
Hunter

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
Questions:

Thanks,
Hunter
Maybe a topic for a new thread...

-I would suggest Larry's Mower Axles to help with the deck. He he not have them yet but he will work with you to get them made (He did that with me years ago, I supplied the measurements to him)

-Did the other two machines have the PB or 3rd SCV installed?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
60D deck question

I just my 1026R last week. The 60D deck did not auto connect. Seems a bit tweeked. On the front connecting arm, there is a bolt that is bending and scratching the deck. How is your's working? Did you auto connect? I also had the seal on the pto deck gear go out with 15 foot of cutting.
Would you send me detailed pictures of the front of your deck? and your experiences. I don't have a deck right now. e-mail [email protected]

Thanks

I just got mine on Thursday as an upgrade to a 2305 TLB...

Notes:
- I love the upgraded hydraulics. The loader action is much crisper and more powerful at any throttle setting. I think the new SCV unit probably also contributes to that feeling.
- Backhoe is a little faster at all settings but otherwise runs just about the same. The new H120 loader doesn't seem to go as far down as the 200CX did on the 2305 (probably do to the 200CX being designed to also run on the taller 2520) so you can't elevate the front wheels as fully when planting for backhoe operations, but you can unload the front as you are supposed to.
- I really love the position control (which was the main reason I upgraded). It makes 3pt operation so much easier.
- I'm not sure the 60D is really an upgrade from the 62C for me. On a concrete pad the 60D is tough to maneuver. On the 60C I just put the wheels in "sideways mode" and pulled it out. But once off the tractor the 60D seems harder to haul around, and is heavier. I am also worried that the 60D will make it harder to run with wheel spacers. I was running with all 4 wheels spaced on my 2305 w/ 62C and I am a bit worried I won't be able to space the front fires and still a) run over the deck properly and b) clear the idler wheels (the 62C was just a bit wider).
- I'm very happy with the new tank location. Very easy to fill. The huge opening and fuel gauge location also make it easy to not overfill.
- Deere doesn't make clear in the documentation, and directly mislead the dealer about, the fact that you can't have more than one of the following attached without hacking stuff up: Power Beyond, optional 3rd SCV, and the optional rear hydraulics. All of them use the same be bracket location which is tough because the kits come with metal pipes and that's tough to just "move a bit". Additionally the 3rd SCV and the Power Beyond both attach to same place on the pump and thus conflict (again with metal preformed pipes so it's a little tough to get flexible). I think this is a pretty damning design stupidity, and now I'm going to have to hack up some kind of PB to extra SCVs thing myself.
- On the plus side the rear is laid out better and more open, and the is a nice bar behind the seat that I could attach a removable setup for extra SCVs (that I could clamp/bolt on when I have 3pt gear attached).
- The new seat belts are nice, but they don't swivel with the seat and thus get in the way a bit when they are conveniently pointing upwards and you try and swivel the seat (through them). This means you have to leave them mounted loosely so they hang down, which means you have to fish them up every time you sit down.
- I like the tone and operation of the engine, but not the hydraulics. When the tractor is sitting and running there is a whine to the hydraulics. Something in the return of the fluid at pressure seems to be causing it because it lessens or goes temporarily away when you activate some control or another and then returns. The dealer had 2 1026s and 2 1023s and they all seem to do it so they think it's normal. Things will be a bit louder with the pump being more open to the world, but the whine gets annoying.

Questions:

Thanks,
Hunter

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
WOW, Where did you get those pictures? And welcome to DT!

A factory cabbed 1026R! I assume is only available in Europe like the ones that have for the 2520's...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts