Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today....I have discovered the real reason people live up north. I've often wondered why someone would put up with the harsh cold,snow,etc. I've figured it out.... Maple syrup. Oh my goodness....REAL maple syrup has to be sent from above. Troy (aka Fuelhog) sent me some of his homemade syrup and some maple candy this last weekend. Words do not do it justice. I can imagine it would be like me trying to describe real BBQ to someone that has only had brisquet soaked in Liquid Smoke and baked. At least that is the way the artificially flavored maple syrup that up until now,is all I've had,compares to the real deal. I cant express enough,the gratitude I have for Troy, for letting my wife and I try his heavenly maple treats and syrup:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:. It was enough to tempt Judy and me to move north.......................Maybe I can get a job with Arlen:unknown: or....if I play my cards right, we could live with Troy,Don,Kenny ,Brian,Scotty,PaDave.lreagan,etc..even Gizmo for a couple of weeks each and could eek out a year or two:laugh:

Thank You so very,very much Troy !

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey, RGD, we feel the same way about your Texas BBQ. I spent a winter several years ago in New Braunfels and tried to hit every place I could that offered beef in some mouth watering rendition. OMG. I didn't know steak could taste that good.
I will admit, pure maple syrup is habit forming and addicting once you've tried it and it's certainly a festive time making it in the sugar shack! Everything tastes better with real maple syrup.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
rgd, what flavor did he send ya?

·
Registered
383 Posts
We are lucky, we have our own sugar maples and the sister of my wife lives just outside Austin, TX. We can have the best of both worlds as long as our motorhome will start for the trip south! :tongue:

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm so glad you enjoyed it! You really can't compare the fake stuff to the real stuff. Most people comment on how "watery" it is the first time they have the real stuff.:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Very cool. I planted 300 two foot tall sugar maples that I hope my kids will be able to do get syrup some day...... Your one lucky guy.

:wgtt:
Your children are lucky you had the foresight to plant those precious trees. I was fortunate to have my trees already established when I purchased my land back in 1995. All I had to do was cut back some of the softwood and let the maples flourish.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
I sent him Mrs. Butterworth in a maple leaf shaped bottle lol:mocking::mocking::mocking:.
Too funny!:lol:
Syrup seems very sweet this year. A friend just gave me a quart and it's waffles with peanut butter and syrup with bacon and eggs this weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts