Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I have to agree, positively the most friendly and helpful forum I have ever read!

·
Registered
172 Posts
There sure is a LOT of good folks on this forum!!:thumbup1gif: Everyone has been more than pleasant that I have encountered"

That's because we have the common sense to support an American Company like Deere and I'd say most of us translate that common sense over to the way we vote as well. Unfortunately for the past few years our government does not share that same common sense.:usa

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree about the good members of GTT. I was reading another forum about oil fired boilers just the other day, seeing if the boiler I bought is still popular. I couldn't believe the flaming that occurred between a few posters. I didn't stay long and probably won't be back to that forum.

I like it here.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I stumbled into this Band of brothers/misfits ? well you pick.

Had a problem...Got answers...Fixed my tractor..and have stayed ever since.

I"m a member of several unrelated sites but check this one everyday to try and return the favors that were given to me.

:clapping:

·
Registered
572 Posts
I've been a member of various forums since back in the days when they were called online "bulletin boards". Remember those days? Ya know, right before Al Gore invented the Internet :lolol:
It was bugging me why I enjoyed this one far better than all the others. What made this so special and why were there no flame wars between members?
I believe it boils down to two things: respect & exhaustion.

Tractor owners of all sizes are not afraid of a hard days work and respect the same in the others. And since we're out working all day, we're too darn tired to argue.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
GTT, a sense of humor is required. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
It's the best site that I know of, with great moderators and great members. John Deere should officially recognize GTT for the help and support that the site provides for JD products. Because of my dealer I'm not sure I would even still be a John Deere owner if I had not found this site. But I would still be a GTT member even if I didn't own a John Deere. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
8,796 Posts
I really hope to meet many of the GTT members in the real world one day. I can't honestly say that about many of the other internet forums I have visited or participated in over the years.

I am always impressed with the dedication and effort of the Moderators and Administrator of GTT. Knowing that they are donating their time to keep GTT a great place to visit and spend time with others of common interests, it makes me admire their dedication and effort even more.........:bigthumb:

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts
It occurred to me while reading this, especially Sulley's post, that most of us will never meet each other. Also, the miles that some of us have between us, is huge. But, it never deters us, in fact, I never even consider it. It is as if we are all next door neighbors. Thank you everyone

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sill question & don't want to jack the thread... But I'll do it anyway and risk a ModerTor spanking.

While it might be hard to get a large group together, has there ever been an attempt to coordinate an unofficial GTT meet point / time at the various tractor or farm shows that pop up around the US and Canada? Perhaps a Tractor show Rally forum section dedicated for the purpose?

·
Administrator
17,948 Posts
Sill question & don't want to jack the thread... But I'll do it anyway and risk a ModerTor spanking.

While it might be hard to get a large group together, has there ever been an attempt to coordinate an unofficial GTT meet point / time at the various tractor or farm shows that pop up around the US and Canada? Perhaps a Tractor show Rally forum section dedicated for the purpose?

Yes, there was a few efforts in fact but none really ever got "traction". The one event that did draw a few GTT members together was the Drive Green event hosted by Muttons in March (I think?) 2015, unfortunately the weather was not great so I think that kept a few more away.

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts
When traveling I check where members are and have had the pleasure of being able to meet some of them in person. :good2:

This site is truly a "special" place.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts